Thread: Dr Robert Lustig Podcast (Sugar - the bitter truth) page

Chrisflyer is offline Member

Dr Robert Lustig Podcast (Sugar - the bitter truth)

Primal Fuel
    Can be listened to here.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    A quick summary of why I might want to listen to it would be helpful.
    Here's a copy+paste of the text on the page.

Hello and welcome back to The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore!

Today’s guest is the now infamous viral YouTube Internet sensation Dr. Robert Lustig–a neuroendocrinologist who originally declined to be interviewed for this show because he said he didn’t believe in the low-carb lifestyle. Dr. Lustig, professor of pediatrics at The University of California San Francisco and featured lecturer in the video “Sugar: The Bitter Truth, finally agreed to be interviewed on the subject of fructose as it relates to health and obesity and why he thinks a total “low-carb” approach misses the boat. You’ll also discover why the vagus (or pneumogastric) nerve and insulin metabolism are forcing us to bank fat and be less active. Furthermore, his studies show that fructose is metabolized more like alcohol than glucose, and therefore contributes to liver damage.

This episode is a truly CAN’T MISS event!

Chrisflyer is offline Member
    Or you can simply go to the link I provided and read all the detail about the interview there...that said, any member of this community "would want to listen" since it covers the very topics we discuss...

randallfloyd is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to watch this but I think if I do, I won't be able to look at a piece of fruit again.

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd like to watch this but I think if I do, I won't be able to look at a piece of fruit again.
    Well - you won't look at it the same that's for sure, but it didn't completely turn me off fruit. I just make sure that it's in moderation and full of fiber/vitamins/antioxidants (like blueberries or raspberries). I really appreciate his video - it was very effective with some of my friends. They were far more curious about how I eat after seeing this - wheras before they always humored me, but I never got the feeling like they really understood why I went this way and show no signs of going back. Now they look at it with different eyes, and their eyes are thoughtful.