Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: H1N1 Vaccine .. safe or using fear to make $$? page

runnerchick26 Guest

Shop Now

I am a very healthy 27 year old female - and I am 7 weeks pregnant. I have been struggling with the decision whether or not to get the Swine Flu vaccine. Of course I am in a supposed "high risk" category for flu infection, which I have been told over and over could kill me or end my pregnancy. My issue with the vaccine is - Squalene - it is an adjuvant to the H1N1 vaccine to help deliver the vaccine into the immune system. While Squalene is naturally produced by the human body - I believe it is harvested from sharks as well?- some doctors believe that when it is introduced into the human body through injection, the body is now reprogrammed to fight Squalene - naturally produced or not. Squalene is also found in the controversial anthrax vaccine which is still considered experimental on military personnel and has been linked to Gulf War Syndrome, autoimmune disease and arthritis.

It is described on the World Association for Vaccine Education website as "Too dangerous for human use, Squalene is not licensed for use in the United States. Oil adjuvants like squalene have been ordinarily used to inflict diseases in animals – for experimentation and study".

It reduces the amount of vaccine needed per dose .. Thus making the drug company’s alot more money. I would hate to make a rash decision based on fear that might have adverse lifetime effects on myself or my baby. But is it worth the possible risk for the “protection”?

Help!

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Yikes. That's a tough one. I wouldn't know what to tell you to do (mostly since you're pregnant). I, for myself, will not be getting that shot. I don't trust it.

I say- go with your gut. What does your gut tell you? It's never wrong.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I won't be getting it! Not that I would get one ever but a first-round flu-shot kinda scares me. Round 1 - Guinea Pigs.

I grok, therefore I am.

hfox is offline Junior Member

My sentiments exactly, Lovestoclimb.

Kebekgirl Guest

Me neither... And if I were pregnant and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't get it either... My son is 8 and I never got the flu shot, not even when I was pregnant... But I do agree with Ecala - what does your gut and your baby tell you...

BikerPike Guest

I'm going to get it as are my kids. Fatalities are greatest in my kids age.

I list the pros and cons and think the pros far outweigh the cons.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

No shot for me.

straia is offline Junior Member

I've already had swine-flu so I wont be touching the vaccine. Not that I would anyway.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

No vaccine for me. If we were talking about tuberculosis, here, then maybe...but this is the FLU, people.

Yes, it spreads rapidly. Yes, it kills a few people. So does the seasonal flu.

I just don't think the risk of H1N1, even if you get it, is as worrisome as the risk of the vaccine. My opinion.

I think you nailed it in your post title: There is money to be made. Lots of money. And fear is a tried and true sales tactic.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

+1 for no shot.

I think our systems can handle this disease (as with most modern ones)...if we're in "prime/al" mode

We're far more capable than we really are, it's just these dang creations that hijack our psychs. We're tempted to trade-in our optimal condition for momentary bliss ~ nothing more than a flood of neurotransmitters. IMHO

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast