Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A question on the bowel's movement page 2

nessa Guest

Shop Now

well, any CW doc is gonna freak out to hear you haven't pooped in over 3wks.

as an interesting point of comparison, a breast-fed baby can "safely" go up to 2 or so weeks w/o a BM without anyone freaking out (as long as baby is feeling good, not gassy, not fussy, etc). breastmilk is highly digestible and bio-available, etc, especially compared to artificial baby milks. perhaps you're experiencing a similar phenomenon?

question: what cuts of meat are you eating? are you eating organ meats, too? are you eating lots of good fats? dr. eades (of protein power) will tell you to up your fats if you're having constipation problems when VLC.

groquette is offline Senior Member

I don't have any answers, but I've found the gutsense dot org website to be pretty interesting/informative/helpful.

nina_70 Guest

Honestly it sounds like you're not getting enough fats. If you're eating 120g+/day of protein and staying 40% below maintenance, you're not getting nearly enough fats. I would definitely up the fat intake to get to a healthier diet...and I would try to get a bowel movement w/ some of the other ideas presented here. Even if your body is digesting everything well, once in 3 weeks does not sound normal.

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

Thank you everyone, very informative comments, esp. bout the baby info...

@godzilla I've been drinking alot of water, up to about 2L/day + tea (keeping sodium levels at 3g/day)

I used to eat ALOT of fiber, around 100g/day from swedish rye bread. Maybe my bowels are "stretched"?

@nessa I usually go for sirloin, some top round, tender chuck for beef, extra lean ground sirloin if I'm adventurous. Top loin for ostrich meat. Canned salmon for those omega 3's (bumblebee brand)

@nina_70 Yes you're right my fat is pretty low... I think I'll maybe devote a day to "fatten" up, maybe some coconut oil...I gave it up for the psmf.

Had ANOTHER 2 salads, slightly gassy but that's it.

I think I'll go with the milk + prunes, though I fear the carbs (suseptible to overeating)

Will update again (sigh)

PS. On the upshot, I've been losing a constant .7 lbs/day ave since Oct 1, from 210 down to 195 now.

Travis G Guest

It sounds to me like if you haven't dropped turds in over 3 weeks you had better be looking to take some stool softener, and a lot of it unless you want to feel like you're giving birth. You're probably going to need some stiches after wrestling w/ that bad boy...

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Hie thee to a physician!

Stop listening to well meaning people here with an assortment of suggestions. (I am included in that.)

GET TO A DOCTOR!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

You will let us know when you finally poop, right? Some of us are losing sleep just thinking about it!

JamieBelle is offline Member

Make yourself a nice, steaming cup of Senna Leaf Tea. But drink it in the morning and then get plenty of reading material ready at home that day.

Ditto on the Senna leaf tea. It works better than any of that stupid prescription stuff they sent me home with from the hospital after having my baby.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

OMG - 3 weeks! Eek! Please, get yourself to a doctor very soon!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast