Ok...here goes. This was a pretty quick and dirty treat for me and I really enjoyed it...hopefully you will too!
- 1 egg
- 1 tbls coconut flour
- 3 tbls unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1.5 tbls cocoa camino dark drinking chocolate (this is kinda like a dark hot chocolate). If you don't have this I guess you could always use a tablspoon of cocoa and a bit more sweetener.
- 1/2 tbls oil - your choice
- mix all ingredients in a bowl/dish/whatever. I put mine in a french onion soup bowl and it worked out smashingly.
- nuke for 1 minute. You could probably put this in the oven but I wanted something quick!
I think next time I'll put a tablespoon of chopped walnuts in there.
The recipe looks so simple. I thought it would involve baking and yield a large amount. Thanks for the recipe LTC. I threw away the agave nectar I had. I'll probably use blackstrap molasses.
The first time I made it I didn't use any sweetener as the drinking chocolate has a bit of cane sugar in it and I really didn't find it that bad. Although I was craving something a little sweeter, so I made another!
It's pretty much just a single serving brownie.
Not a true 'pre-primal' brownie that I'm used to but it seemed to do the trick.
Feel free to tweak!
I'll probably add Kahlua or some Godiva liqueur.
maybe next time I'll try some Irish Creme
We made homemade ice cream for kids and it is churning now maybe I'll make this for me.
I want to try coconut milk ice cream but figured I needed to make something kids would like first so that will have to wait.
Non primal kids is challenging. I'm slowly making changes they don't even notice though.