Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal pasties? page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Primal pasties?

Primal Fuel
    deleted
    Last edited by Hedonist; 03-28-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I think most Primal women don't have much of a problem with their nipples showing.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Crust? Pastie? I thought they were peel and stick?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Pasty is a Welsh or Cornish meat pie (looks like a calzone) with rutabagas and onions and such. They are pretty common where my dad grew up in Northern WI, around the iron mines. It was a very popular lunch for the miners, who were typically poor immigrants from all over Europe- Norwegian, Swedish, Italian, German, Irish, British, Poland, Czech, etc. I don't think I've ever seen them outside of Wisconsin.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I run around the house topless, no need for pasties here.
    Georgette

Artimus71 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    i run around the house topless, no need for pasties here.
    pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artimus71 View Post
    pictures!!
    I don't own a camera.
    Georgette

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Pasty is a Welsh or Cornish meat pie (looks like a calzone) with rutabagas and onions and such. They are pretty common where my dad grew up in Northern WI, around the iron mines. It was a very popular lunch for the miners, who were typically poor immigrants from all over Europe- Norwegian, Swedish, Italian, German, Irish, British, Poland, Czech, etc. I don't think I've ever seen them outside of Wisconsin.
    Thank you for an intelligent reply. We have a place not far from where I live in Sacramento that sells them.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Here's a recipe. Wish we could make it Primal. I love these.

Montana Recipes

The Butte Pasty (pass-tee)

Pastry:
    3 cups flour
    1/2 -1 tsp. salt
    1 1/4 cups lard or shortening
    3/4 cup very cold water

Measure flour and salt. Cut in lard until dough resembles small peas. Add water and divide into 6 equal parts.

Filling:
    5 or 6 medium potatoes (red are best)
    3 medium or 2 large yellow onions
    parsley for flavoring
    2 pounds of meat (loin tip, skirting or flank steak)
    butter
    salt and pepper

Roll dough slightly oblong. Slice in layers on dough, first the potatoes, then the onions and last the meat (sliced or diced in thin strips). Bring pasty dough up from ends and crimp across the top. Making the pasty oblong eliminates the lump of dough on each end. Bake at 375 for about one hour. Brush a little milk on top while baking.

Note: Old-timers claim the pasty arrived in Butte, Montana along with the first housewives who followed their husbands into the mining camp. Long favored in the copper miner's lunch bucket, the pastry-wrapped meal was an ideal way for "Cousin Jeannie" to provide a hearty meal for the hard working "Cousin Jack." As the miner unwrapped his lunch, he would refer to the pasty as a "letter from 'ome." Its popularity spread quickly throughout the camp, and today the pasty is as much a part of Butte as the Berkeley Pit. -From the Butte Heritage Cookbook-

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like a non-deep fried empanada. Damn, I miss those things.
    Georgette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast