Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Plateaus page

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So, the final ten pounds. Let's hear from some people who have pushed through and gotten down to their ideal body fat percentage. Tell us about your plateaus: how long they lasted, what you did (if anything) to escape them.

Getting a little impatient with my gut, here. At least it's nice and loose and jiggly, though.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Ha I hear that, I just hit another plateau and have been the same weight for about 3 weeks. I've still got another 50 to go.

Nick Guest

Not anywhere near the last ten pounds, but have been in kind of a miniplateau for the last few days, and was feeling fairly low energy. I tried eating more fat (lowball of heavy cream with my lunch) today, and it raised my body temperature by about a degree and a half to 99 (usually sit around 97.5 all day). I'll let you know if it works.

Jedi is offline Member

I am down to the last 4 or 5 pounds and it's SLOW though I am already pretty lean, but have been bouncing around 57-57.5kg for past three weeks. Maybe i too should try reducing protien and increasing fat. carbs are around 50gr per day.

Tarlach is offline Member

I have the top of my abs showing well. Yet to get the bottom to really stand out.

No idea what my bodyfat% is, but it's pretty low. I'm not real worried if I lose any more or not. Just letting my body find its 'groove'.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

deepthought is offline Junior Member

Iīm not loosing wheigt, just "recomposositioning", less fat, and ganing lean mass...

Veins start popping up in new places, found a new yseterday on one of my shoulders.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I wonder what a plateau really is. Is it possible that you could be doing everything you need to do to get to your ideal body composition, but your body still has these natural pauses in progress?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

maba is offline Senior Member

How do you all determine what your ideal weight is? According to CW weight charts, for my height and frame, I ought to be 95-106 and I'm aiming for 105. But is there any other way you groks determine that. I must add that I want it to be 105 lbs or 20% BF.

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

This might be helpful for anyone trying break through a weight loss plateau:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/weight-loss-plateau/

TaydaTot is offline Junior Member

Yeah, the cut even more carbs and IF ideas worked well for me. Reducing from 100-150 grams of carbs per day to about 25-75 per day for one week got my body changing. I didn't like it though because I couldn't eat any fruit and even had to be selective about my vegetables, so I don't see me continuing that as a long term practice. Not a bad short term practice though.

I tried IF two weeks ago and have done a handful of 24-30 hours fasts (just finished my longest one this afternoon, 30 hours!) and it has resulted in drastically better results than cutting carbs. I highly recommend IF for the results and for the experience.

I used to stick to the same old split workout routine (back/biceps one day, chest/triceps another day, shoulders/legs another day) but for the past 6 weeks I have been constantly mixing up my strength training workouts and I have acquired better strength gains and most importantly it was been way more fun, interesting and challenging.

Anyways, those things worked for me so I would recommend IF for weight loss and constantly changing the types of workouts for strength gains.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast