Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weight Loss Plateaus page 3

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

marci, in my honest opinion I think your paleo trainer might be off his rocker. That sounds like too much activity for weak adrenals-- heck, it's too much for a normal person, IMO. From personal experience, HIIT (your sprints) was awful for me when I was at my worst, adrenal wise.

I think if you cut back a little on the exercise, you might find yourself losing the weight. I think you're doing too much.

He says you shouldn't do IF because of your adrenals, but you should workout 6 times a week? That's crazy I think. Maybe I'm wrong.

62shelby Guest

Agree with Ecala re training and adrenals, I have been advised it can stop and/or stall weight loss if you have adrenal fatigue and train too hard, that was on the Mercola site from one of their ND's and a bit of researching has backed that up. I always thought that HIIT would be worse in this situation, probably controversial but I feel better doing lower steady state for forty mins, short weights programme and alot of ashtanga w/ focused breathing.

marci Guest

I am totally confused now! I have plenty of energy & sleep fine...so I don't know what to believe! I am only allowed to workout for 45 minutes tops per session- that includes warm up & cool down - so I don't think I'm overtraining, really. Oh well, at least I'm no gaining lbs (which is a miracle considering my love of nuts & coco oil!)

Well, as long as you feel good. One tip off for me when I'm over doing it, is I walk out of the gym feeling grouchy rather than uplifted. HIIT used to make me irritable and short fused all day when I my adrenals were particularly stressed.

Miriam Guest

Marci try and take a full week off training and see if that breaks the plateau, I used to do that every few months when I was training hard. I now just go to the gym twice a week (Wednesday and Saturday) for heavy weights and cardio is just plain walking throughout the day and my weight has dropped without even trying (my goals were not weight loss just want to improve my overall health but it is an added bonus).

marci Guest

Miriam- I like your advice but I am so addicted to the gym I don't think I can skip a day without feeling horrible mentally! I'll give it a shot when I'm on vacation in August. Well, kind of a shot- we go to Nantucket so there will be kayanking, biking & swimming but it's all low-impact. And lots of primal treats like lobster! thanks!

Jedi is offline Member

Marci, I am sure you probably know this but just the fact you can't envision taking a day off from the gym possibly/Probably means a week off would be a great idea REST is an oft neglected part of fitness, and I speak from experience

I agree with Jedi.

Have fun in Nantucket marci! I've never been there- I've been to Martha's Vineyard but not Nantucket. (I live in MA)

Miriam Guest

PrimalCon New York

REST should be an essential part of fitness!

Marci your holiday plans sound wonderful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123