Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Plateaus page 2

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Yeah, that post helped me get through my first plateau when I cut back considerably on carbs and fruit.

Don't know what's causing my current plateau but I definitely don't exercise enough and am increasing that lately and also cut out dairy for the most part. Was overdoing the cheese for sure.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

I'm stuck too. I cut out the dairy and the fruit. I did try a couple of IF, but my adrenals are kind of stressed right now I suspect and I didn't think IF was good for them, so I stopped.

I think the fact, because my adrenals are weak, that I am hanging onto some stubborn weight - that, ultimately, is probably water. But dang it is really bothering me that I'm down to about 50 carbs a day and not losing a thing! I only have about 5 or less pounds I'd like to lose but I can't get it off.

marci Guest

Ecala I hear you- been Primal for 3 mos & no changes whatsoever. Maybe it'll take a year. Think I'm insulin resistant & with a BF of 29% it's worrisome- esp since I work out 6x week as per my paleo-trainer! And he does not recommend IF for me either (same adrenal probs) Oh well, I may have to be content w/being both fit & overweight- a PB exception!

Jedi is offline Member

I find that despite pretty strict (still have some raw milk in coffee)PB and carbs around 50gr per day I still have to rigorously count and have LOW calories to lose fat.

yeahh, I don't think my cals are low enough. I love the coconut oil too much

marci-- I'm wondering. If your adrenals are weak, do you think it's advisable to workout 6 days a week? What kind of workouts are they?

62shelby Guest

@ecala, I am holding water weight and my ND suggested taking taurine,its supposed to help. I empathize (ecala and marci)on the adrenal fatigue, I have had it for ages, but am sleeping a bit better now and take alot of magnesium. I stupidly went to the doctor yesterday as I am concerned about my thyroid, my body composition is changing for the worse, ie loss of muscle gain of fat, and she almost laughed at me, exactly how much unhealthy weight do I have to put on before she takes me seriously? my trainer and some other health practitioners have looked at my fat (accumulating mostly below the waist) and said, yep, metabolic. I am probably still working out too much but have cut right back and try to sleep in more. apparently it takes a long time to recover from adrenal fatigue.

I have fallen off the primal wagon a few times as I am so disheartened, I tried IF too, but it did nothing.

Hmm.. taurine. I have some of that in one of my supps. Oh yeah, the NutriPlenish Adrenal. If you can get your hands on it-- it's WONDERFUL for adrenals. Loaded with vitamins, minerals, adaptogens and freeze dried glandular stuff.

I find that phosphatidylserine helps me sleep-- I take about 200g at 5:00, then another 400-600 at bedtime. It keeps me pretty much asleep all night. Has to be a good brand though.

These are the ingredients: (I take 4-6 of these a day)

Contents

PER 2 TABLET SERVING:

BETA CAROTENE 8000 IU

VITAMIN C (AS ASCORBIC ACID) 160 MG

VITAMIN E (AS TOCOPHEROL ACETATE) 150 IU

VITAMIN K (AS MENADIONE) 40 MCG

THIAMIN (AS THIAMINE MONONITRATE) (B1) 6 MG

RIBOFLAVIN (B2) 4 MG

NIACIN (AS NIACIN, INOSITOL-NIACINATE) (B3) 38 MG

VITAMIN B6 (AS PYRIDOXINE AND PYRIDOXAL-5-PHOSPHATE) 4 MG

FOLIC ACID 250 MCG

VITAMIN B12 (AS CYANOCOBALAMINE) 200 MCG

BIOTIN (AS VITAMIN H) 40 MCG

PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS CALCIUM D-PANTOTHENATE) 68 MG

CALCIUM (AS CALCIUM CITRATE, CALCIUM D-PANTOTHENATE, CALCIUM PYRUVATE) 30 MG

MAGNESIUM (AS MAGNESIUM CHELATE, MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE, MAGNESIUM MALATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE) 100 MG

ZINC (AS ZINC ASPARTATE) 12 MG

SELENIUM (AS SELENIUM ASPARTATE) 40 MCG

MANGANESE (AS MAGANESE ASPARTATE) 10 MG

CHROMIUM (AS CHROMIUM NICOTINATE) 60 MCG

MOLYBDENUM (AS MOLYBDENUM CHELATE) <1 MCG

CHLORIDE (AS BETAINE, PYRIDOXINE) 4 MG

POTASSIUM (AS POTASSIUM CITRATE) 32 MG

PROPRIETARY BLEND: 70 MG

BITTER MELON (FRUIT) 4:1 EXT., STEVIA (HERB), ELEUTHERO (ROOT) EXT., KELP (WHOLE PLANT) 4:1 EXT., l-ARGININE 40 MG, L-GLUTAMINE 30 MG, ADRENAL FREEZE-DRIED GLAND 20 MG, D-RIBOSE 20 MG, L-TYROSINE 20 MG, BEEF LIVER 20 MG, N-ACETYL-L-CYSTEINE 20 MG, PANCREATIN 8X 20 MG, BETAINE HCL 16 MG, DEGLYCYRRHIZINISED LICORICE (ROOT) 4:1 EXT. 16 MG, INOSITOL-NIACINATE 10 MG, L-ORNITHINE 10 MG, PHOSPHATIDYL COMPLEX 19 MG (PHOSPHATIDYL SERINE, PHOSPHATIDYL CHOLINE, PHOSPHATIDYL ETHANOLAMINE, PHOSPHATIDYL INOSITOL), QUERCETIN DIHYDRATE 10 MG, COENZYME Q-10 4 MG, L-5-HYDROXYTRYPTOPHAN 4 MG, L-CARNITINE 4 MG, LIPOIC ACID 4 MG, PITUITARY FREEZE-DRIED GLAND 4 MG, VANADYL SULFATE 93 MCG.

Oh I guess there isn't any taurine in this one, but I know it's in another one that I take from NeuroScience.

marci Guest

Ecala- currently I do sprints on the treadmill (20 secs on 40 secs off) at my max speed (6.5 to 8.5...but my trainer says I should be at 10! yikes!) I do about 15 reps. On alternate days I do heavy weight-lifting. Each w.o. is done 3x week, after 2 months we change them. I thought it might be too much exercise but I'm also insulin resistant, estrogen dominant, perimenopausal (on supplements to correct all that). Maybe eating less is wise but I still get mighty hungry if I skip a meal. Am mystified- wish I knew how to hit that sweet spot for effortless weight loss Mark promises in the book (50-100 carbs are the ideal he says). I read that & thought great! - makes perfect sense - for everyone else but me!..wahhh...

It's been frustrating & I've said this on other threads so apologies for repeating myself. But I do think this is the way to live- just wish I could drop the lbs & have people notice so I could hit'em with the PB flyer etc. It would be great to be a walking ad for this!

marci Guest

Ecala & Shelby- I take Water Ease from Designs for Heatlh thru my ND. Great stuff- has 700 mgs taurine, 50 mgs B6. I take 4 a day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast