Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: <3 Ramblings of a Modern CaveWomen <3 page

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member

♥ Ramblings of a Pink Grokoddess ♥

Primal Fuel

So Here I am 28 lbs lighter and full of Fat!

Today I hit the 40's! I'm so happy about this. It's been a long time since I was able to pull off a pair of size 12 pants without having to undo the buttons.. well even a month ago I wasn't able to put on a size 12 and do up the buttons! Progress People!

Ok Lets see.. A little about my path that has brought me up to this wonderful day ...

I started my weight loss journey in 2008 I weighed a total of 199.. (although my heaviest was when I was pregnant with my last baby, which was 207 ) I found this weight loss tea called Wu Yi Source drank up that yummy tea and managed to lose 45 lbs that year! (Tea worked great till I stopped drinking it) I will save the details for myself.. but that Year was the start of my thoughts turning into reality. The Year I finally decided. Ok I do want this *all levels of my life not just physically* And I Finally took the first step in the right direction of change.. It was horrifying but brilliant year.

2009 was my year of depression .. I was getting everything I wanted, but life kept throwing things at me to test my strength, So I ended up stalling my progress. I started drinking again (was a non drinker for 7 years prior) and ended up gaining back 20 lbs.. This year gave me the biggest upset in life, but it also gave me the greatest lessons in life .. And I did Manage to find my inner strength and overcome most of the depression near the end of the year.

2010 was the year of maintance, give or take 5 or so lbs. I gave up drinking again in June and continued my spiritual journey. This was the Year I finally set my priorties straight after the 2002 - 2007 period (I won't get into the details, but this dark period of my life needed to happen so I will always remember what it is that I ...Want!) I accomplished alot on my mental check list this year and growing everyday.

The end of 2010 is where you get the Juicy Paleo Details..

I heard about The Paleo diet in september but didn't give it much thought. and heard about it again in december . December 20th was the first day of my Paleo journey, I ended up losing 11 lbs that first month.. Although I was a sugar addict! ( Hey it was around christmas... sighhhh you know Christmas treats and News years was always a big snack fest too .. next year I'll be better at this time of year I promise!)

The second month I lost 8 lbs.. Still was binging on the sugar products... mmm chocolates.. and ummm doughnuts.. (I couldn't help it .. I slipped and fell into them each and everytime! hehe ok I had no will power) .. Nope my body was craving and I was feeding... But I was doing pretty good with the grains and other processed foods.. I dropped the weight and was still pretty pleased with my results!

The third month I was still on a sugar kick ... Sighhh.... but I had heard about IF'n to get over my little plateau I had developed .. (Ummm too much sugar maybe) and would fast for 19 hours pretty much daily I was never a huge breakfast fan so I found that the 19 hours were pretty easy, and managed to drop another 5 lbs .. I was getting sick of my sugar addiction so I told myself I needed to get serious and it was time to break off my little love affair with sugar. So March 19 we broke up and March 20 I found the Whole 30 challenge, Just reading that I knew Sugar and I were through for good!

I'm on day 8 of the whole 30 and feel amazing I don't have any cravings and have found myself in the state of Ketosis, Which I happen to love .. At first I would get light headed and was wondering if I was doing my body harm by not eating enough then I started doubting that cutting the grains was a good idea.. (I had no idea what Ketosis was or even meant at the time) So as I started wondering about what was happening to my body I started attracting posts about Ketosis and I was like hmm what is that? so to make a long story short I finally realized what was going on and still feel that getting rid of the grains was the best idea since sliced beef!

And that pretty much brings us to today! I got on the scale.. and boom 149 ... (Yess I know It's not about the numbers it's about the way I look and how I feel and the way the clothes fit my body but I'm scale obsessed and probably will be until I hit my 125 mark .. well Hopefully I will grow out of my obsession before I hit my mark) .. thats it for now .. Ta ta and thx for reading..

GROK ON

Last edited by Pink Grokoddess; 05-10-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

My aunti Flo came to visit today, Sigh everytime she gets here her first day knocks me out big time. I was completely and utterly useless today.. Its a good thing I'm staying with my mom so she could help me get the boys off to school. Crampy, light headed, nauseated, so full of pain couldn't move even if it were to save my life... (You would think that eating healthier and non toxic foods would stop most of the pain at this time of month) Oh well I suppose it's mostly my fault because I didn't drink enough water in time to dilute the toxic crap and my no need for pill's attitude, Well at least I can move now and the worst day is darn near finished...

The only good thing about being stuck in bed all day into a forced 22 hour fast is I dropped another lb'd, Yay... Only 23 more to go. Oh that and I managed to catch up on sleep .. since I haven't been able to sleep more then 3-5 hours a night for the past .. oh I don't know but it's been months! I'm surprised I am still able to function.

Ok enough with the woe is me topic

Lets see.. I made a goal for myself a couple years ago .. I want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 30. That's spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally. Since my seperation in 2008 I have been working on myself emotionally, spiritually and mentally, I still have a little ways to go But in those aspects I am in pretty decent shape compared to where I started. But 3 out of 4 ain't good.. My physical self was getting further and further behind. Finding The Paleo diet in December was God sent! It has really helped catch my physical being up with the rest in no time flat! Before I started eating the Paleo way I was getting sick ALL the time.. I mean there was a time when I never got sick (of course that was when I was 19-20 when I pretty much was borderline Paleo without even knowing it, I never ate bread.. I would buy it but it would sit and rot on my counter. no pop, occasional chips etcetc. I was always out doing things walking, rollarblading , being energitic. I was fairly healthy but not really cause I was a smoker) *7 YEARS NON SMOKER!!!* So yes I was getting Sick at least twice a month or so .. it was seeming to be that I WAS ALWAYS SICK! ughh .. but Since I started eating the Paleo way .. I have not had a sick day from work. My boys came home from school one time and were out with the flu for like a week, usually I would catch it after they were finished with theirs.. This time NOTHING!.. I know there was some days when I should have gotten sick .. (woke up with the sick like feeling) but as the day continued I felt healthier.

Ok Ok .. so there was 3 days I was stuck in bed but it wasn't virus related at all... The first time TMI ALERT was when I was so constipated I was stuck in bed with cramps and hot flashes until .. *it passed* but afterwards I was great . (I fixed that problem by reading up on paleo constipation) and the next two times were Aunt Flo related.. Fricken Flo never brings any good presents when she visits!

So ya my physical self is definitely catching up considering when I started this diet my weight was on the increasing verge, and now I am 23 lbs off my goal weight. I think I am going to try running again . I tried a couple years ago but got major shin splints I gave up on that idea.. Or perhaps I will just do the sprinting.. that should be infrequent enough to not get the shin splints. I was youtubing paleo exercises and wow .. I'm getting so inspired.. Right now tee hee.. my exercise is slim to nothing.. but I have been trying to do at least 10 push ups a day .. ( slowly increasing of course... ) (Ashamed of my lack of enthusim on the exercises part of my physical being, but it comes slowly right??)

hmmm Well My journals are pretty *colorful*... Keeps me entertained while I'm writing it. I can tell all you readers LOVE it to..

Well thats all from me today ..
    Grok On!

Last edited by Pink Grokoddess; 03-30-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm trying to think of anything else to say. But your posts sort of overwhelm me. :-)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome! I'm trying to think of anything else to say. But your posts sort of overwhelm me. :-)
    Uh ohh I hope it's a good overwhelm! Thx for the Welcome I've very happy to be here!

11 more lbs to go

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    welcome! i always appreciate meeting other women who are kind of around the same path as me... as far as meeting goals and where you're currently at

also, congrats on breaking into the 140's! it's an amazing accomplishment--i broke into the 140's back in january but am up in the 150's again *le sigh*... looking forward to reading more on your journey...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    welcome! i always appreciate meeting other women who are kind of around the same path as me... as far as meeting goals and where you're currently at

also, congrats on breaking into the 140's! it's an amazing accomplishment--i broke into the 140's back in january but am up in the 150's again *le sigh*... looking forward to reading more on your journey...

Thx for the Welcome CoCo G, If I can call you that .. Yes I will probably bounce back and forth between the 148 - 152 line for a little while.. Ohh the joys of the rollarcoaster weight!..

11 more lbs to go

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    hmmm Well My journals are pretty *colorful*... Keeps me entertained while I'm writing it. I can tell all you readers LOVE it to..
    The magenta...IT BUUUUUURNS!!! D:

Regardless, welcome, MCW! Congratulations on your past success and I look forward hearing about more in the future.

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Wow, it is indeed *colorful*, lol. Looks like you're doing well; keep it up!
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    The magenta...IT BUUUUUURNS!!! D:

Regardless, welcome, MCW! Congratulations on your past success and I look forward hearing about more in the future.
    LOL I guess it takes a little while to get used to! But I assure you .. It's Beautiful!!! The Magenta of course...
    Thx for the welcome and the Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by sibylsybil View Post
    Wow, it is indeed *colorful*, lol. Looks like you're doing well; keep it up!
    Tee hee.. Thank you!

11 more lbs to go

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today ... Ohhh Wow!!! Today .. What a Beautiful Day! Amazing .. Thats all I have to say!...

Ohh ok I have a few more tidbits to mention about this Glorious day!

Ahhh the sweet taste of Ketosis.. errrmmm ok The Metallic Taste Of Ketosis come with Sweet Results!! Offically down 30 lbs only 22 more to go! I'm Loving this although I still have a hard time believing that I am 147 now.. I still *feel* like my body is still in the 177 shape it was only 3 short months ago. I almost feel like this was *too easy* and that tomorrow I will wake up and it was all a dream? Crazy eh?? I know... And it feels like I am starving myself .. but I'm not I am STILL and ALWAYS will be a FOOD LOVER but I only eat when I am hungry now, Not because I am bored or depressed or in need of comfort. I am not a slave to the Modern day food routine anymore. And I love that! (with that being said I am not planning on recording my meals or calories at all .. I don't feel the need to over analyze my eating habits at all. I'll eat what I am craving because my body knows best.. Funny thing Yesterday I was craving Beef Liver! I went to the store.. and no beef liver.. ) So I bought bread instead and had a processed sandwich! (jk)

YAYYYY one of my many little goals was accomplished today! I CAN NOW BUY BRAS FROM WALMART!!! WOOO HOOO Went from a 36 G (Yes a G but at least they were not a J like they were when I was 199lbs!) to a 34 DD I wouldn't mind going down to a 32 B .. But whatever they do I'm so Happy I can buy CHEAP BRAS!

Well Thats all for now

GROK'N

11 more lbs to go

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast