Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 30 day challenge on April Fools Day page

pattyd is offline Senior Member

Starting 30 day challenge on April Fools Day

Primal Fuel
    Any helpful tips from anyone who`s doing/has done it? I`m predicting red wine being my hardest to give up...and butter
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I seem to be having an allergic reaction to something so I'm having to eliminate all suspicious foods, at least for the initial week, then gradually add them back in to see what gives me issues. Eggs, soy, and dairy being the top suspects.

How do you do it? Start with not having it in the house. Then just take it one day at a time. Plan ahead and avoid eating out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I seem to be having an allergic reaction to something so I'm having to eliminate all suspicious foods, at least for the initial week, then gradually add them back in to see what gives me issues. Eggs, soy, and dairy being the top suspects.

How do you do it? Start with not having it in the house. Then just take it one day at a time. Plan ahead and avoid eating out.
    Thanks Diana. Hope you find your allergen soon. Unfortunately I`m in a family of 5 who are not primal so it will be in the house. That`s ok though because my determination and drive once I decide on something is pretty strong. Breaking the glass of wine a night habit will be the hardest

What about dinner ideas?

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Ooh I'd love to join you, Apr 1st would be ideal for me . I did a whole30 a couple of weeks ago and then have been experimenting with raw and goats dairy- big disaster lol. I need to clean up my act, especially as I want to implement some ideas I have for gut healing (GAPs) and adrenal issues, both of which include clean primal food. The toughest thing I need to give up is dark choc/ cocoa. I react so strongly to the theobromine, I know I need to take it out.

Last time my mood and energy deteriorated and I think I need a bit more carb so I'm excited to try again with a bit more starchy veg added.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    Ooh I'd love to join you, Apr 1st would be ideal for me . I did a whole30 a couple of weeks ago and then have been experimenting with raw and goats dairy- big disaster lol. I need to clean up my act, especially as I want to implement some ideas I have for gut healing (GAPs) and adrenal issues, both of which include clean primal food. The toughest thing I need to give up is dark choc/ cocoa. I react so strongly to the theobromine, I know I need to take it out.

Last time my mood and energy deteriorated and I think I need a bit more carb so I'm excited to try again with a bit more starchy veg added.
    Cool!! I`d love to know someone else was doing it as well! So are you saying I should cook sweet potatoes and things like that??

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    I'm just finishing up the March Whole 30 challenge and I'm feeling really great about it! I have missed butter, but the rest fell away surprisingly easily! Just think back to all the great tricks you used when first giving up grains/sugar! As Diana said, planning ahead is paramount!

For dinner ideas - I've had great success using recipes from here The Clothes Make The Girl: Dino-Chow/Paleo Recipe Roundup and here Everyday Paleo Your CW family may even approve!!
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a goober, I didn't know you had to give up butter for Whole30. I thought it was just under healthy fat.
    Is there a link to what the rules are for Whole30?

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad1 View Post
    I'm a goober, I didn't know you had to give up butter for Whole30. I thought it was just under healthy fat.
    Is there a link to what the rules are for Whole30?
    Yeah, no dairy if you're actually following the program the way it is written - a lot of people add allow butter, or maybe just ghee, as a "modification" though
    Here's the link: Whole30 | Whole9 | Paleo Nutrition, Paleo Diet Education, Paleo Nutrition Workshops, Nutrition for Health and Fitness Facilities, and the Original Whole30 Program
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj1969 View Post
    I'm just finishing up the March Whole 30 challenge and I'm feeling really great about it! I have missed butter, but the rest fell away surprisingly easily! Just think back to all the great tricks you used when first giving up grains/sugar! As Diana said, planning ahead is paramount!

For dinner ideas - I've had great success using recipes from here The Clothes Make The Girl: Dino-Chow/Paleo Recipe Roundup and here Everyday Paleo Your CW family may even approve!!
    Thanks for the links!! As far as first giving up grains and sugars I didn`t need any tricks;it was super easy Now the wine will be a different story, and the cheese!

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast