Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Things you can't give up page 7

KXS
    KXS is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I would miss running too much, so I refuse to give this up. I mean, running long distances. Nothing is more fun that running in the woods for a few hours, and I don't see how this isnt 'primal'...it improves my peace of mind and quality of life so I will keep on running.

Of course, this gives me leeway to have more wine and chocolate so its a win/win!

Jedi is offline Member

KXS, each of us has to come to our own conclusions about what we will and will not give up, but just wanted to check that you had read all Mark's stuff on why he does not recommend endurance activities?

NB I haven't given up milk in my coffee yet

feltsole is offline Junior Member

Beer Wine and salt? When I have one of my home brew beers I have no cravings, but when I have one of my homemade wines I crave salt something terrible. I just limit it to indulging once a month or so.

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

KXS - I won't give up running either but I've scaled it waaaay back.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

I have way too many, haha.

Beer and dark chocolate are the only ones I regularly indulge in though.

Other things, like chipotle burritos, pizza, and ice cream, I will get once in a great while, and usually after a long/difficult climb or something like that. Not more than once a month usually though.

I've yet to convert to primal exercise, but that's just as much because what I love (climbing/mountaineering) requires lots of cardio and stuff, so in a way, my non-primal exercise habits support my very primal habit of doing things that are fun

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

KXS
    KXS is offline Member

thanks-I have read it and I don't necessarily take everything here as gospel though I agree with about 80-90%...I've tried to incorporate more strength exerises and core, though and see a difference there

Annika is offline Senior Member

Resistance is futile.... when it comes to popcorn. At work, we have a big old-fashioned popcorn machine in our break room. Someone makes popcorn (for everybody) pretty much every day, often twice a day. It smells SO good and I find it impossible to resist. The other day I decided to have just a tiny bit, but ended up having two bowls. A few hours later I raided the candy drawer (yes, work is a minefield) and ate a small chocolate-caramel bar. I think the popcorn made me crave more carbs. I'm generally not too bad with the candy drawer, but how can I resist the delicious smell of popcorn??? I can't!

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

CaveGirl Guest

Chiming in with crunchy fried foods (esp. a nice crunchy batter on moist fried chicken!), gourmet breads (I mean hand made, top quality stuff), and the occasionaly bit of rice on a sushi roll (like for a dinner I get tons of sashimi pieces and like 1 spicy tuna roll). And gourmet ice cream (I only get a little at a time because I'm more sensitive to sugars now that I'm good after a few spoonfuls vs. a few bowlfuls,lol).

I will eat primally for the most part, but just can't go through my life not enjoying the rare and gourmet things. I prefer to eat really healthy most of the time and indulge guilt free on some rare occasions.

ibrobynb is offline Junior Member

Ice cream is my down fall. I have found Coconut Bliss, which is absolute heaven [It's as rich and creamy as premium ice cream, Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss is a satisfying, delicious, and healthy alternative to dairy and soy-based frozen dessert. Made from a base of naturally rich coconut milk and sweetened and agave syrup, Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss is certified organic, 100% vegan, kosher pareve, and made with certified fair trade ingredients]. http://www.coconutbliss.com/

And chocolate - Hershey's plain old milk chocolate. . . just to put it on your tonge and letting it melt is fabulous.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567