Thread: Delayed-onset carb flu?!? page

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member

Delayed-onset carb flu?!?

Primal Fuel
    I have been transitioning from Zone to Primal/Paleo a couple of weeks ago and I have been feeling remarkably fine – along the lines of “what is the carb-flu you are talking about?”. I was only eating about 150-200g carbs per day in any case, so the biggest difference for me was to cut out my breakfast oats (maybe 15g), bread (maybe 30-60g) and some sugars (maybe 10g). Also the occasional pasta / potato / lentils and the like. I havent counted, but I would assume that my carb levels are now about 50-100g / day, mainly through veggies and some fruit.

Over the last two weeks I have been feeling increasingly bad, in particular really low energy levels. Funnily enough it does not really manifest itself in the gym – but certainly afterwards. After my “hard” workout yesterday I felt tired for the remainder of the day....

Could this be Delayed Onset Carb Fly (DOCF?)? Or could this be potassium deficiency? Or both?

I am trying to up the carb a bit I think. Yesterday I had a big cheat-day (with bread & sweets & actimel and loads of bananas) and I will try to make sure to stay in the 100-150 range for a couple of days, and get some potassium. Any views?

Cross-posted on my blog Delayed-onset carb flu??? | Thor Falk

chuckarie is offline Member
    maybe your not eating enough fat. most of your calories should be coming from fat, then protein, then carbs.

and if you feel tired the rest of the day after a workout than means you are working out too hard.