Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Intensity Training & Bball in the same day, Pb tips plz page 2

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dwierck - two hours of extra sleep each night will feel like magic.

Is there a way to fit a nap into the equation? More sleep will aid your fat loss.
    ad astra per aspera

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problems as Dwierck with working out, hooping and fatigue...I eventually decided that I enjoy ball more so I heavily scaled back my other workouts. My schedule doesn't allow for more sleep than I'm already getting (7-8 hrs/night) and I can't really afford to eat more than I already do, so I decided to drop all of my heavy lifting and now stick to some bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, etc) and yoga 2-3 times a week along with the hoops.

The best part is that my game has really improved now that my energy level is at an all time high!

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    yeah.... I like my body and I want it to like me back
    Yeah pay no mind to those signals your body is sending out. The extreme fatigue etc. Keep on kicking butt!! Hell maybe he should add in another day or two a week of HIIT and perhaps some more hoops. You see it matters not how much you push yourself and to what extreme, just so long as you sleep a little more and take supplements!! That's all it takes!! Be active and have fun!!!

Sometimes I just shake my head.......The more is better mentality is simply ridiculous. Too much is no good in this case and this person is absolutely overtraining!! The first symptoms are tiredness etc. It gets worse if carried on and can eventually lead to complete systemic burnout and shutdown. I've done it to myself and I've seen countless others do the same. There is only so much one can do physically without the proper recovery protocol. A nights sleep is not enough once that hole becomes deep enough and that can happen real fast. It can take weeks and in extreme cases months to recover when it is carried too far and for too long.

Federkeil, you make too much sense here. It's all like the previous post said, keep on kickin butt!! Yeah!! ;-)
    Last edited by Forever Young; 04-12-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip City View Post
    I had the same problems as Dwierck with working out, hooping and fatigue...I eventually decided that I enjoy ball more so I heavily scaled back my other workouts. My schedule doesn't allow for more sleep than I'm already getting (7-8 hrs/night) and I can't really afford to eat more than I already do, so I decided to drop all of my heavy lifting and now stick to some bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, etc) and yoga 2-3 times a week along with the hoops.

The best part is that my game has really improved now that my energy level is at an all time high!

Of course it has improved!!! We only have so much energy and recovery ability. When we overreach our limits, a good nights sleep isn't even close to getting the job done. You've found the right combo because you are playing better and presumably feeling a whole lot better too.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Yes clearly a 6'3" 200 lb, fit 31 year athlete is just not physicially capable of playing basketball AND doing high intensity training 4 days a week.

with deficient sleep.

I've also noticed body fat just falling off, so all the hard work is paying off.
    Hold on there! Go sit on the couch you sound like you are doing a lot of harm there Dwierck. I know a 60 year old woman that only exercises twice a week. SHE IS IN GREAT SHAPE. Be more like her - stop with all this crazy stuff while you are still alive.
    ad astra per aspera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12