Thread: Primal Journal (ThePrimalProdigalSon) page

ThePrimalProdigalSon is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (ThePrimalProdigalSon)

Shop Now
    Hello all,

My name is Christopher, and I am desperate for change....

I am 25, 350lb and have never really been comfortable in my own skin. I have been overweight since my pre-teens and obese since my teens, and yet I have dreamed of becoming a personal trainer and amateur athlete since I was 16...a contradiction, I know.

I am the way I am because of many, many reasons, but ultimately, I have not changed yet because of fear of failure and wholly entrenched bad habits. I really don't know what it is like to be a proper weight and there are many things I have never been able to do because of my weight and my embarrassment/shame surrounding it.

....But

.......I want change....now. today. I don't want to wait any longer and I feel that a primal lifestyle, one tailored to my genes, is the answer. I want to go back to a way of eating that fueled my genes survival for thousands of years.....I want this....and I need help.

...The MDA website and community is such an encouragement, I stumbled upon it a few months back and have been pouring over all the articles and success stories and I want to add my own story to the list....

As it stands now, I survive off of a horrible diet of processed carbs, fast food, and nearly zero fruits and vegetables. I honestly don't know how I have lasted this long with the incredible amounts of trans fat and and salt i have exposed myself to....but there is nothing I can do about that, I have to look forward...

I am going to be going 100% primal starting today, I have tried the in-moderation approach and it just does not disconnect me from my addictions enough. I have a plan that I made and hope to follow and I guess I just want encouragement, I want to feel apart of this community.

Please feel free to comment and give any advice you may have. I am going to post whenever I can.

.......I look forward to meeting you all and I hope this will amount to my revolution-of-self that I need to survive.

ThePrimalProdigalSon is offline Junior Member
    Good Morning,

This is it, the start of my Primal Revolution! I am excited and a bit fearful....

....But this is going to happen....

So my day is free but I have a bunch of errands, first of which is working out and getting more food for the rest of the day....

So far I ate 2 pieces of turkey bacon and an apple, which was surprisingly satisfying. I know I will start to get carb/sugar/caffeine withdrawal by the end of the day so I need to eat and eat well...Ill let you know how it goes.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! You are starting on a wonderful journey.

Here is a story that may inspire and it is posted right here on this website as a success.

Amazing!

The Unconquerable Dave | Mark's Daily Apple