Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some chin-ups page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

Some chin-ups

I can do more when I'm fresh, but I had just done a few sets of heavy deadlifts...

My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    great work! Interesting choice of gym-wear! haha keep at em.

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff, you get some real hight above the bar

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    great work! Interesting choice of gym-wear! haha keep at em.
    Heh, well most of the female boxers I know train in skirts (they're good for accommodating movement and a wide stance), and I always wear tube socks on deadlift days

Quote Originally Posted by gunn parker View Post
    Good stuff, you get some real hight above the bar
    Thanks! I eventually want to do muscle-ups, so I'm trying to get used to exaggerated pull-ups and chin-ups as per Al Kavadlo's progression.
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

js290 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by js290 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHs_peIheJ8
    Good tips in there...to be clear, I try to keep good form at the beginning but I usually do the last 1-2 as "cheat reps" just to get to muscle failure. With weighted exercise like squats or bench press I don't do sloppy cheat reps because of the risk:reward ratio, but for bodyweight only exercises like push-ups and pull-ups I cheat the last couple until I fully fail. But I did see some tips there (i.e. not bouncing at the bottom) that definitely apply to even my "stricter" reps, so thanks! Definitely don't need a rotator cuff injury.
    My primal success story

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erica057 View Post
    ...just to get to muscle failure.... until I fully fail.
    Let me first say I'm always impressed with women that can do pullups. But, with all due respect, you were not anywhere near muscular failure. Here's what muscle failure looks like on a negative. You easily had one more positive on your own, and one more assisted positive for a negative finish. Anyway, I'm glad you found Bill DeSimone's video useful. Keep up the good work!

Let me first say I'm always impressed with women that can do pullups. But, with all due respect, you were not anywhere near muscular failure. Here's what muscle failure looks like on a negative. You easily had one more positive on your own, and one more assisted positive for a negative finish. Anyway, I'm glad you found Bill DeSimone's video useful. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the link -- maybe it was mental failure on my part (which is to say, me being whiny and feeling sorry for myself that it hurts ) rather than full physical failure. That's the good thing about videos, keeps me honest Thanks again!
    My primal success story

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are going to post technique videos can they at least be of a good quality?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast