Thread: Tome of Geodrake: Adventures in Primaltology page

geodrake is offline Junior Member

Tome of Geodrake: Adventures in Primaltology

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Let's see how consistently I do at documenting =P

Have been mostly primal since just before Halloween (ok, I sneaked some of my daughter's chocolates back then). I have found that foods I used to love now make my stomach turn at the thought (Krispy Kreme donuts still make me salivate, but thankfully, don't exist where I live now, hah!). Even cooking shows (I LOVE Good Eats) have gone from "Oooooooooo!" to "Ewwwwwww!". Really, they're still using FLOUR?!?? And they want you to go get high-gluten flour? *shivers at the thought*

Hubby's resisted being primal, but knows better than to argue with what I cook . Choices HE makes, however, are improving. He's recently discovered that when he eats bacon and eggs for breakfast, he doesn't get hungry by 10a like he does with cereal. Shocker, I know! Since he made himself almost sick eating a donut, 2 cookies, and some fudge a few weeks ago, he's cut the sugar and found that he feels great. He still eats bread when he orders out, but I've noticed him take the top piece off, so progress there for sure!

In the 5-ish months I've been mostly primal, I've lost 25-ish pounds. Really, I lost that in 3.5 months and have been stagnant the last 1.5 months. GI tract went all wonky and I've been trying to get it back on track. However, progress is being made again, as I somehow managed to lose 3 lbs while driving all over Texas (mmmmm bbq!) for Spring Break (8 hour drives a day were not unusual). I think the progress was due to all the slow walks and marvelous, though not intense, hikes in San Antonio and Enchanted Rock, respectively. So, I've decided that now is the time to add in the Primal Exercise. Plus, I'm at my high school weight, but don't look it. Got to work on fixing that now!

So, as of today:
    Lb: 144.5 lb
    Waist: 28"
    Hip: 38"

Goal:
    Lb: I'll know when I get there?
    Waist: 26" would be nice
    Hip: *shrug*

Exercise: Decided what better way to start than with a Tabata Sprint (what was I thinking?!??). Skipped two intervals as I was gasping. Made them up when I recovered (I guess those would just be regular sprints?) -- 6 hrs later, my thighs are already sore?!??

B: fried egg; small slice of ham; couple of grapes; 2 c coffee; 4 of those little creamers (ate out, just got back from trip)

L: 2 handfuls red lettuce; 2 local eggs; 1 tomato; small handful of walnuts; vinaigrette made from white wine vinegar, mint, sesame oil, and stone ground mustard

D: Dutch-fried chicken [Primal Cookbook]; asparagus; small salad (red lettuce, handful of grapes, vinaigrette from lunch)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

B: 1 egg in 1t coconut oil, 1 piece turkey bacon (not enough, but had to feed DD first)

L: 2 handfuls red lettuce, 2 strawberries, 1.2 handful walnuts, 3/4 egg, 2 oz chicken from last night, homemade vinaigrette with walnut oil

S: Sugar-free iced mocha from Java City with an extra 1/2c half & half (B+L not filling enough today); handful of mixed nuts; 1T liverwurst; 1 Baby Bonbel cheese

D: Stuffed bell pepper (pork, onion, cauliflower, worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper, nutmeg, tomato paste, red bell peppers)

-- legs sore from (pathetic) Tabala Sprints yesterday. Amazing...
    -- really hungry today. Odd
    Last edited by geodrake; 03-28-2011 at 04:22 PM.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Tabata sprints are killer. I just do reg sprints right now but holy crap they're hell! Nice to see another "geo" here!
    Georgette

Yeah, I think I must be sick. I'm actually looking forward to doing them again, knowing that sucking wind after the first one is actually "normal" =). Going to try regular sprints on Thursday (assuming regular is 20 sec w/ 2 min rest). GEOs UNITE! *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Tabata sprints are killer. I just do reg sprints right now but holy crap they're hell! Nice to see another "geo" here!

B: 2 eggs, 2 sunday bacons - cooked in a bit of coconut oil

L: Dijon Mustard Chicken, Spring Salad, and Cream of Broccoli soup from The Big Chair

D: Slow-cooked Beef, homemade BBQ sauce, and sauteed red cabbage in coconut oil (with some onions) + 6 grapes

S: None!

E: 15ish minutes of dancing, 40 girl pushups, over 50 crunches