Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which foods/dishes fill you up the most? page 2

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fatty beef ribs. However, now that I'm a cardiac patient, I'm not sure if I should eat them anymore. Once in a while might be OK, long as I don't over do it. OTOH, I have no qualms at all about eating grass fed beef.

Do we think that Cro Magnon men ate raw meat, or do we think they cooked it? I vote that they barbequed, probably, since I doubt they had pots or pans.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Bacon and eggs sets me up for the day, especially if I also have a bowl of berries with it. Any meal involving a solid amount of ground beef too.

Bunnyfoot is offline Member
    If I have eaten a ton during the day and keep wandering in and out of the kitchen, first I figure out if I am hungry or bored...If I am bored I grab some yarn work or go outside and play. If I am hungry I eat a spoonful of nut butter and that will finish my day for me. I usually end up not eating dinner when I do that and I haven't found another food that will satisfy my hunger in that manner.

handgallop is offline Member
    I ate a 'salad' the other day that filled me up for about 24hrs. It involved carrots, grape tomatoes, radishes, one bell pepper, a can of tuna (packed in olive oil) and an entire avocado. I drizzled whatever random vinaigrette I had one hand on it, and threw in some raisins and pecans too. (basically it was just whatever I had left in the fridge at the end of the week). I still had to make myself eat the next day, but didn't actually feel hungry again for several days. (I might have actually gorged myself to the point of feeling ill. oops.)

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Beef and chicken with a side of veggies is generally my most filling meal. Starchy tubers, like sweet potatoes, are filling as well.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cree View Post
    Fatty beef ribs. However, now that I'm a cardiac patient, I'm not sure if I should eat them anymore. Once in a while might be OK, long as I don't over do it. OTOH, I have no qualms at all about eating grass fed beef.

Do we think that Cro Magnon men ate raw meat, or do we think they cooked it? I vote that they barbequed, probably, since I doubt they had pots or pans.
    The Food Timeline: history notes--Mesopotamia through Shakespeare
    There's evidence of cooking dating back at least 250k years, but as this article states, could have been far longer.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Bacon fat- garlic ribeye, sweet potato with 4 tbsp cinnamon butter, salad (romaine, egg, cuke, tom, apple, green bell) with garlic red wine viniagrette, and grilled veggies with more garlic butter. That's usually a meal that'll take me 24-36 hrs without even thinking about food.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Ground beef cooked up in a load of bacon fat with cauliflower rice and collard greens (in a hash). Stuffed. For a long time.

ETA: And the beef is 15% fat (grass-fed), so there's all that fat, too.
    Top that with a sunny side up egg. YUM
    Georgette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12