Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Body odor. page 3

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Or, and stick with me here, you could use deodorant. I know, that's crazy talk.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Or, and stick with me here, you could use deodorant. I know, that's crazy talk.
    LMAO...... I was trying to figure out which chapter in the book Mark says not to use soap and deodorant.... I might have missed it, but I don't think this is a Grok renactment group...

All kidding aside, I have noticed that my sense of smell has gotten much better since going Primal, could just be that you are noticing your own smell more. I would ask a trusted friend or two is you stink.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Well I am a woman and already shave my pits. I use deoderant! And it was not just my sense of smell getting better. I live in Texas and after walking my dog, riding my bike and going to the gym - the deoderant didn't stand a chance. At any rate I believe it was detox and as I said in my post - ITS GONE I did the dog and the gym and the bike today and voila no bad smell - sweaty smell yes but not rank like it has been.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I am NOT a fan of any deoderant under the pits ! Alot of people have terrible issues with lumph nodes under the arms, and blocking or hindering the flow of perspiration from this area can't be good for the body.
    I have asked my friends and family if I smell, and it hasn't been a problem as yet. Althou DH has commented on my breath a couple of times. I am sure its keto breath that he is smelling ! yay .... Anyways thats just my opinion
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I am NOT a fan of any deoderant under the pits ! Alot of people have terrible issues with lumph nodes under the arms, and blocking or hindering the flow of perspiration from this area can't be good for the body.
    I have asked my friends and family if I smell, and it hasn't been a problem as yet. Althou DH has commented on my breath a couple of times. I am sure its keto breath that he is smelling ! yay .... Anyways thats just my opinion
    I wasn't referring to anti-perspirant. Deodorant doesn't hinder or block sweat.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    I wasn't referring to anti-perspirant. Deodorant doesn't hinder or block sweat.
    No it possibly doesn't hinder or block sweat, however the chemicals used in some deoderants cant be good for that or any area of the body. And when the pores are open from heat/sweating, said chemicals could possibly enter the body this way.
    Anyway I choose not to use deodorant or anti-perspirant, and I do wonder if there is a correlation between some lymph node issues and the use of underarm products ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Deonte is offline Junior Member
    Body odor smells due to this that water level of our body down to wards and we don't drink much to fill up the water level of our body.Body odor also come from our breath that in our metabolism its occur to diagnose the food and in this action gases make which are contains the smelly toxins and the came out from our breath and sweat.Its also because cause we didn't not clean our body so well and not use beauty soap or shampoo.

sezzajezza84 is offline Junior Member
    A guy I know dated a runway model for a while, apparently her and all the other models would take spirulina to keep BO at bay so they wouldn't stink up the samples they had to wear *shrug*

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I'm smelly after getting out of the shower. No idea why, and it isn't because of what I eat, Paleo or otherwise... As I've gotten older, I've gotten more smelly.

I'm not a fan of deo. The herbal ones don't work, and the others contain aluminium. The ONLY thing that works for me, and it really DOES work, is Sodium Bicarb. I rub a bit under my arms after a shower (so pits still wet) and I don't smell at all, all day. I've heard people say that it can 'rub' a bit, because it's granular, but I've not experienced that.

I am so happy to have finally found something that works.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

IndyMike is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tried the baking soda and it tore up the skin in my pits for weeks. Maybe the coconut oil / baking soda mix might work better, but I was painfully raw and sore. And it didn't hurt at all putting it on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123