Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my nose run whenever I'm done eating??

Why does my nose run whenever I'm done eating??

Shop Now
    I swear it's the weirdest thing...I actually get made fun of for it by my friends. But yeah, whenever I'm full/done eating, my nose starts to run just a little bit and I get the sniffles. What's up with that?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

Are you eating spicy food?

It could possibly also be a reaction to dairy?

I have that reaction too, sometimes. Usually with hot(and I mean just out of the oven hot, not spicy) food. Especially soup...Tissue and spoon, thats me
    I have a stuffed nose most of the time, so I figure its because I don't breath while I eat? I dunno... lol
    Calm the f**k down.

It's any food, whether warm/cold spicy/mild whatever. I had scrambled eggs with salsa and avocado for breakfast, along with some coconut milk, and it happened. Just a second ago I had some 90% dark chocolate and it happened too. Perhaps it is just a mystery lol
    --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

Clymb, we must be related. It has definitely not gone away as I've switched to Primal, and it has nothing to do with what I eat (wings? runny nose. Fried egg? runny nose. steak? runny nose.)

I hope someone can tell you (us) what this malady is all about!

That's weird, I just read about this happening for the first time this week in the paper in a People's Pharmacy column and then I see your post on it, same week.

Runny Nose Ruins Dinner - The People's Pharmacy®

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad1 View Post
    That's weird, I just read about this happening for the first time this week in the paper in a People's Pharmacy column and then I see your post on it, same week.

Runny Nose Ruins Dinner - The People's Pharmacy®
    Interesting--I started looking up some more "gustatory rhinitis" articles after reading this. Mostly they say it is related to hot and spicy foods though, and is a non-allergy issue. I guess they don't really know why it happens...weird. I want to get to the bottom of this mystery! lol
    --John Muir

--Tommy Caldwell

--Hyperlithic

eat food, get blood flowing, nost snot loosens up...??

I have it too. I figured it was just me. Glad I'm not the only one. It's not really bad, just sort of annoying sometimes.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    eat food, get blood flowing, nost snot loosens up...??
    Sounds plausible to me.

I get this fairly often, although it only runs a tiny bit, not like streams of snot coming out of my nose. Usually only happens with warm food, but I just grab a tissue and keep eating.