Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Libido is the best it's ever been... a few things that have worked great.

Philadelphia, PA

Libido is the best it's ever been... a few things that have worked great.

Shop Now
    I read Tim Ferris's book (4 Hour Body) and decided to give what he suggested a try. WOW. Holy shit. I haven't felt this good since high school. So... this is what he suggested and what worked:

- Cold showers. What I do is take a normal hot shower and then turn down the water to cold at the end. I've seen this called the James Bond Shower. I looked it up on Wiki -- cold showers after a sauna do raise testosterone. It sucks while you're there (you get used to it), but you feel great after.
    - ZMA supplement. I've been sleeping much deeper, and as a result, having more vivid dreams.
    - Cut back on alcohol. I drink wine on the weekends. The restrivoral (sp) is helpful.
    - Lots of avocados, grass fed beef (it's not that expensive if you buy the cheaper cuts. You can get it for $5.99lb at Whole Foods), natural eggs (from a farm) with the yolk, nitrate free uncured bacon, raw coconut, grass fed butter, etc.
    - Sunlight and Vitamin D supplements
    - Heavy weight lifting with lots of pullups and pushups. Exercising for fitness, not weight loss.
    - All of these things led to more sex, which in and of itself raises testosterone

Hopefully that helps.

Pacific Northwest
    How can I subtly get my boyfriend to start doing these things? LOL

I've noticed a big increase in libido as well, which is more of a curse than a blessing for me. He couldn't even keep up with me before!

Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Shop Now
    That also helps for us ladies as well cavemanj. Just saying. I feel your pain Jessibear. Been dealing with that all our marriage. Even though he is better now.