Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How can you tell if you're actually hungry? page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

How can you tell if you're actually hungry?

Primal Fuel
    You know how they say if you're actually hungry a steak will sound good too? Steak always sounds good! How the heck am I supposed to be able to tell hunger apart from cravings?

sghulett is offline Senior Member
    The best way I have found is I will drink a large glass of water and wait 15 min and if I still have hunger pangs I will eat sometimes its hard at first to tell hunger and thirst apart

I hope that helps

Moxyfox is offline Junior Member
    Don't eat for two days. You'll start to feel true innate hunger.

Problem Solved!

I have the same problem, I ALWAYS feel "hungry" which means I probably never really do. What I do is think about eating something that is not particularly appealing but is healthy, like a turkey burger or hardboiled egg. If those sound good, I'm probably actually hungry. If only something like nuts or coconut butter sound good, I'm not truly hungry.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paradisefound View Post
    I have the same problem, I ALWAYS feel "hungry" which means I probably never really do.
    I have the opposite problem. I almost never get hunger pangs and if I do they usually go away pretty fast. I can almost always eat though. Most days I fast until ~5 or 6 pm. I'm usually not hungry even then because my last meal was large enough I guess. I usually start feeling anxious/irritable if I go much beyond ~20 hours in a fast (unless I'm drinking coffee; it seems to ameliorate that), so I take that as a cue to eat in lieu of other hunger signals.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    You know you're really hungry when ... boiled liver and eggplant sounds delicious.
    ... you could eat a dog. Raw.
    ... you'd pay money to try balut.
    ... you start eying the cat and wondering what asian chicken tastes like.
    ... you find yourself checking road kill to see if it's still fresh enough to eat.

Gordo

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I struggle a lot with this. There are time that I THINK I am hungry but I dont really seem to be. i.e. my stomach is GROWLING but there is no logical reason for the hunger and if I am patient it subsides. And there are other times where I dont feel hungry but I just get sleepier and sleepier and sleepier until I eat something.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    I often start getting more and more tired when I haven't eaten in awhile too... But the "hunger" feeling is very mild. I often wonder why people say fasting INCREASES their energy. It seems to really calm me more than anything... Alex, have you experimented with fasting?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Keep some goats eyes in the fridge. Use them as your only snack
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Yes I've tried fasting, and yes, everything sounds good. It's completely controllable, but I just want to eat everything in site. Oh and I'm not partial to cat, but I wouldn't balk at eating a parrot or two.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast