Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama's DietTips page 7

Mr B Guest

"@ Diana, be careful about your alliances. Especially with your tattoos and beliefs, the conservatives that you buy into wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. It reminds me of the Log Cabin Republicans"

that's a pretty broad generalization.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

"@ Diana, be careful about your alliances. Especially with your tattoos and beliefs, the conservatives that you buy into wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. It reminds me of the Log Cabin Republicans."

While I appreciate your advice, I don't think you're right. You have an awful dim view of Conservatives. I've become great friends with many VERY conservative people. They think I'm a bit weird, but because we agree on marriage, abortion, taxes, and all the important stuff, the tattoos, religion and other stuff doesn't really factor. In fact, it's really sad to say, but I've had worse reactions from fellow Pagans (ie Liberals) who find out I'm Conservative than I have fellow Conservatives (Christians) who find out I'm Pagan.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

oh well, everybody can have personal likes or dislikes... unconserning their political views. Im in the "i don like MO" wagon, but im not conservative, more liberal actually... its just a feeling i get when i read what she says. Nothing personal. I dont like Oprah either.

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Five days after JFK was assassinated, LBJ addressed a joint session of Congress. If you were alive then, you know how dark and difficult those days were.

He said, "Let us put an end to the teaching and preaching of hate and evil and violence. Let us turn away from the fanatics of the far left and the far right, from the apostles of bitterness and bigotry, from those defiant of law and those who pour venom into our nation's bloodstream."

Good advice. One can hold opinions dear but there is no place in the mature heart for hate, evil, violence, or bigotry.

grandma is offline Member

I have no feelings about the woman. I just don't care to listen to what the first lady has to say (or what they have her say). I just think it subverts the political process for a person in that position to political agenda. At times the first lady has had some charitable causes to lend her name to and that's OK, but at this particular moment health is a very political topic; I think she should stay away from it.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Well, we could pass a constitutional amendment that outlaws First Women from ever speaking. Oh, wait, there's that pesky First Amendment which as a citizen allows her to express her opinion. It subverts nothing.

They HAVE been subverting the political process since Dolly Madison. Although most of the outspoken First Chicks have been Dems, Nancy Reagan and Barbara Bush certainly were not of the stilled tongue.

grandma is offline Member

And I don't have to listen, ain't america great.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

misathemeb is offline Member

this thread needs some ::hugs::...to the other ladies who are going on about her arms...don't worry i'm not buff either, i have the chicken wing thing going on

I'm going to send Michele and Oprah over and they are going to tie your sorry ass down and tell you what to do for two days, nonstop.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

If people are dumb enough to blindly listen to what others (whether it's Michelle Obama or Britney Spears) say and continue doing that even when it is clearly not working (i.e. someone follows CW, gets fat, continues to live by CW), then their health problems are a product of their own laziness (refusal to go out and look for other solutions) and stupidity and I couldn't care less.

Darwinism at its finest.

And for the record, I'm a libertarian, not the biggest fan of the Obamas, but I think that her statements in the article in the OP are not necessarily a bad thing.

I mean, come on, do you really think that someone like Michelle Obama could publicly advocate anything even close to a Paleo lifestyle without getting shit from, well, everyone on every side of the political spectrum?

People don't like to be told that everything they've been brought up to believe is wrong. Transitions, both mental and physical, take time.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast