Thread: carbs and ketosis? page

Rae1219 is offline Junior Member

Question carbs and ketosis?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey all,
    as a newcomer, I've been testing my carb threshold for going in and out of ketosis. After being in ketosis (tested with strips) for a few days at about 50g of carbs a day, I had a fun night and ate around 100. Clearly, this morning I tested negative. Now, about 10 hours later, I'm back in it already? I ate about 20g of carbs already today. Do you think this is fast? I assumed it would take days!
    Just thought it was interesting, and wondering if it's good, bad, or just doesn't matter

lsutiger143 is offline Junior Member
    Rae,

I've only been primal for about a month now, but I can relate to your situation. I find that as long as I get right back on track the next morning, I will usually go back into ketosis within 24 hours. I believe my body is starting to adapt to using ketones for fuel.

Also, I'm not sure if this applies to you, but when I eat more carbs than usual, I rarely feel hungry for a while afterward. Usually I'll skip a meal or two before I'm really hungry again. Also, I make it a point to take a walk and add some jogging intervals to get rid of the bloating feeling. And also to make sure that I get a good nutritious meal in instead of snacking my way back into primal.

So basically, I don't know if it matters either, but your experience of getting back into ketosis quickly is something that I, too, experience.