Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning eyes- swollen page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Morning eyes- swollen

Primal Fuel
    my eyes are almost swollen shut (like under eyes REAL puffy) every morning when i wake up.

it goes away as the day goes on, but im pretty sure this indicates something aint right somewhere.... any ideas?

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Too much salt? MSG will do this to me too. Dust mites in the pillows might be an allergen. Or seasonal allergies - lots of people complaining about that around now. I had this all the time when I still ate gluten, now not so much.

Zaphyr is offline Member
    Hypothyroid? I had puffy eyes as my first noticeable symptom.

Hypothyroidism - diagnosis of - DoctorMyhill

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    That sometimes happens to me when I've had too much salt/alcohol and not enough water to go with it.

i guess it could be salt, but i thought adding sea salt was a good thing?

hypothyroid, sorry but i am convinced everyone thinks they have this and it is a byproduct of a body malfunction elsewhere. if i have bad thyroid numbers it isnt persay my thyroid it is my whole body that needs to reboot healthwise. prolly the most self diagnosed problem along with CFS

alcohol, only have a couple times a year and non for lent lol. havent drank since new years eve

thinking maybe i need to balance something somewhere but i dunno.

i DO HAVE hay fever, this time of year i wakeup every night like 2-3am andcough and cant take good breaths without coughing them out

come to think of it it could be the salt...it is worse when i have a lot of dairy too...and its salty....and i had 'no meat' yesterday so relied on a lot of canned seafood which has a lot of salt... hmmm.... i like salt lol

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Do you tend to sleep with your face in the pillow or do you sleep on your back? My face tends to get much more puffy if I sleep on my stomach but it does get better during the day. It used to be much worse when my allergies were real bad druing the CW eating days but that has tapered off quite a bit.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Sounds like hay fever then. Was the onset around the same time? You could try a Benadryl at bedtime. Really put me to sleep, but I would feel groggy in the morning. I think it's safe though, my doctor said she advises it for pregnant women.

If it's salt then just try to eat it earlier in the day and avoid it in the evening.

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    come to think of it it could be the salt...it is worse when i have a lot of dairy too...and its salty....and i had 'no meat' yesterday so relied on a lot of canned seafood which has a lot of salt... hmmm.... i like salt lol
    Trying drinking a ton of water (with lemon helps because it has potassium) and taking a big piss before bed. That helps me. When I fall asleep in the middle of the day, I tend to wake up puffy, but drinking a big glass of water and flushing my system makes me feel back to normal.

Adding sea salt to one's diet is not as beneficial as replacing refined salts with unrefined salts. If you're eating a lot of salted, preserved foods already, it's not going to help you to add sea salt, but if you need to use salt in something anyway, stick to sea salt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast