Thread: Joint health? page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Joint health?

My joints are weak. I've had 3 cases of tendonitis, an injured ankle and 2 shoulder problems.
    What am I doing wrong? I don't overexert myself very often, I eat a healthy diet and try to get enough sun.
    Are there specific things I can eat/drink/do to improve the strength of my joints? All help is appreciated.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Could it be overuse? I found that to be my problem. I was working out too much, too many reps, and the overuse type syndrome really kicked in. Now, less is more for me. I used to workout 6-7 days per week, but now I do three weight training days of right around 45 minutes, and daily walking of 3-5 miles. That's it. Sometimes I will add in a day of core work, but not often. My joints have thanked me.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Strengthen the surrounding muscles. The joints will be better supported that way, and you'll have less injury risk. Training helps to strengthen connective tissues as well as muscles. Also, eat your bone broth.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    That is sound advice. A lot of time this sort of thing is a structural problem, and gelatin protein combined with training sounds like the prescription.

I like this article by Ray Peat. He claims to know of many who have resolved joint issues with gelatin Gelatin, stress, longevity
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    When I am vitamin D deficient, one of my major symptoms is tendinitis. Do you know what your D3 levels are?

Bone broths/bone marrow are a great idea too.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I will have to look into gelatin. I've been having similar problems. I don't over train. I get lots of D3. Was told by physical therapist to strengthen surrounding muscles, which I have been doing for at least a month. But still in serious pain right now, again.

(I also tend to have brittle nails.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

daveyace is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i take glucosamine omega 3 fish oils and cod liver oil which also boosts vitamin d