Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen page

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen

Primal Fuel
    I'm making this journal to hopefully hold myself accountable for making good choices I'm 23, and I've been heavy- probably obese- all of my life. I've had success with the South Beach diet before.. Losing about 20 pounds at two different times, and gaining it back in between. I've also tried calorie counting with no real results. When allowed to eat whatever I want, I can gain weight like nobody's business! I've been working on following the primal blueprint for about a month, with some cheating.. Too many beers, and some nonprimal choices during spring break. I did lose 7 lbs in the last month, and I definitely am seeing a difference in my attitude (more positive, less anxious), and in my energy levels! My boyfriend is on board now too (he's thin, but will definitely muscle up well, as a recent ex-vegetarian). I'd like my family to join me (they are all overweight as well)... I'm hoping that if I have the success I'm envisioning by living this way, they will be inspired to join in.
    Starting weight: 203 (February 23). Current weight: 195-ish, size 14-16. Goal: I want to see some abs!! (I never have envisioned myself getting leaner than like a size 8 before.. I am so inspired by the successes in these forums!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and best of luck, SGG!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

PS: I hear 23 is a pretty cool age to be... *high five*

Thanks! Yup, we 23-year-olds are pretty awesome! Nice pictures on your journal, good luck in your continuing recovery!!

Saturday 3/26

Today I ate...
    B: scrambled eggs, sausage links
    L: salad with steak, almonds, cheddar, banana peppers, balsamic
    D: turkey and Swiss roll-ups with guacamole, 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine. Hmm :x

Visiting my bf's dad at the beach.. Went for a 3 mile walk. Planning on doing a 5 mile walk tomorrow. Yay for walking barefoot on the beach!

I'm feeling inspired to get healthy after seeing some of my appalachian trail pics from last summer.. We did 600 miles.. It would be so much easier if I was actually in shape when I attempted it! Maybe I'll try again some day

This morning I weighed myself.. 193, down a total of 10lbs so far
    Got home last night from trip to visit bf's dad. Yesterday I ate: Brunch: 3 fried eggs+bacon+sausage (Cracker Barrel)
    Dinner: chicken breast, sausage, some cooked carrots/onions/ 1 small potato with butter.
    Snack: turkey and Swiss roll-up.
    We walked around a big flea market for a while, and did some swimming.

Today I've eaten:
    B: egg scramble- 2 eggs, sausage, onion, green bell pepper.. Blueberries
    L: spinach salad with chicken breast, strawberries, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
    Snack: turkey and cream cheese with bacon roll-up.. Half a banana

Very, very rainy here today. Lots of homework, but no attention span.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    Thanks! Yup, we 23-year-olds are pretty awesome! Nice pictures on your journal, good luck in your continuing recovery!!
    Thank you much! I look forward to seeing some epic results on your journal.

Thanks Funkadelic

To finish up yesterday's eating, I had a small portion of fajita steak, peppers and onions, guacamole, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Raspberries for dessert. I never eat that much fruit in one day.. At least no alcohol or chocolate I suppose

This morning I'm having 2 eggs scrambled with leftover fajita veggies and cheddar, with sausage.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Ah, today... after breakfast, I had this afternoon: Starbucks tall coffee with half & half and 2 turbinado sugars, a strawberry popsicle (frozen strawberries blended with coconut milk and a little honey, frozen in my Zoku popsicle maker... pretty good), a turkey-cream cheese rollup, and then dinner: ribeye, caramelized onions, grilled asparagus.

Frustrated about trying to get my family to believe PB is a good choice, when apparently they consider trying nutrisystem for a month to be a choice equally likely to help them lose weight >P I said that it made no sense whatsoever, and they should read the book. I am going to try hard to shut up about it for now, and see if my results will speak for themselves.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello! Wednesday evening... Today was pretty good. got an A on my chemistry test.. got my first container of coconut oil!
    B: 2 fried eggs, part leftover steak
    L: spinach salad with rest of leftover steak, balsamic, olive oil
    D: hamburger with a little blue cheese, sauteed veggies: yellow squash, zucchini, onions sauteed in coconut oil (!) then finished with a can of organic crushed tomatoes
    Snack: turkey rollup with cream cheese (this is too good... must try with salmon).
    Every day I supplement with Carlson's fish oil, a multivitamin (Rainbow Light brand), and glucosamine (my poor knees weren't doing so well at the end of last summer when we got off the trail).. Ordered some acidophilus pearls that will come Friday.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast