Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen page 7

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning it was 177.8! So yay! Today we had bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I tried the continual-stirring method to get soft/small curd scrambled eggs, which I liked quite a bit. I also cut up a cantaloupe, which I ate maybe a cup of after dinner. We went to our first college football game today! After, we picked up some barbequed pork, turkey, and a rib from our local BBQ place, and I made coleslaw. and I didn't even eat any of bf's tater tots I did have a big icy glass of lemonade at the super hot football game, which I think was totally worth it.

Sunday! Some general notes before I forget: I think my mood and energy are still continuing to be good. I haven't had any coffee or alcohol still, since 9/4 (20 days!). I am having much less waste out, if you know what I mean I'm not entirely sure if that's good or not, but it's really only like once per 3 days, I would say. Today we slept in, did some housework (only a little ), went to Chipotle with my siblings for lunch (salad, half barbacoa/half steak, fajitas, mild and medium salsa, sour cream, guac). Immediately after I finished, I felt kind of ill- little stomach ache, throat congestion, fuzzy head. What is that??? I have eaten all of those things at Chipotle before. maybe I just ate too fast?? I was really hungry before lunch. I felt better in like 20 minutes. Then we went to the grocery store, and came home and I did a little bit of school work (but not enough! My attitude towards school is a lot less anxious this semester, I'm not sure it's totally a good thing :P). I poked around online, looking at new blogs (I've been really interested in body-positive blogs lately), and then we cooked for a while, so we have plenty of leftovers for the week. I made another batch of mayo (I LOVE making the mayo from Well Fed. it is so easy, and I haven't ever had it not work *knock on wood*. it's tasty too!). We also made Ina Garten's lemon chicken, which I had a tiny taste of, that seemed amazing. We made Merguez Meatballs from theclothesmakethegirl, which were really good. I had a couple of those, 2 leftover chicken drumsticks, roasted carrots, cole slaw, and mashed cauliflower for dinner. all the veggies were small portions of leftovers from this week. I roasted some tomatoes in the oven, but I think I had them on too high, and the bottoms got burnt. booo.
    In other exciting news, this morning I was 177.2. maybe someone should take this scale away from me It's really rewarding to me to see that number go down, but on the flip side, I get all pissy when it's not down. And I know it can't go down all the time!

Goal: Feel good, be active!

oh, and I had a peach!

2 drumsticks with mashed cauliflower and roasted tomatoes for breakfast, 4 meatballs with coleslaw for lunch, olives and a small handfull of nuts while studying around 4, then chicken (drumstick+lemon chicken), roasted carrots, salad (spinach, bacon, avocado, rasins, creamy italian) for dinner. + peach!

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    Just had to say hello. I'm a seaglass person too. I spend every summer looking for it on Lake Michigan near Manistee. Good way to get loads of walking in, be outside in the sun/fresh air. I'm sad that summer is over. Camping in the fall is difficult due to the shorter daylight hours.

I have hiked the AT trail about 3 times now but my group just does day hikes. They have hiked it every summer for over 20 years. So, I do what they say and feel blessed to be included.

Stay strong on your commitment and you will see results.

Cheers, Pam

Hi Pam! Thanks for the note! I love hiking, we definitely need to do it more. Down here we are just now getting out of the summer when it is SO HOT, so hopefully we'll get some good camping/hiking in this fall/winter.

---
    Today: last of the stupid chicken drumsticks, roasted tomatoes and carrots for breakfast. egg salad with spinach and guac for lunch. lemon chicken, meatballs, cole slaw, tomatoes, peach for dinner. just small portions of leftovers.
    Crockpot experiment time: dumped the ingredients for Well Fed's Rogan Josh in the crockpot. I didn't even really look at the recipe, just did it sort of from memory. So hopefully that will be delightful tomorrow.
    Also, I was back at 179 this morning (oh noooo), but it's also the first day of my period, so I'm hoping it might be water-retaining blahblah.

Hi! Happy Wednesday!
    B: lemon chicken, roasted tomatoes, carrots
    L: egg salad, olives
    D: crockpot Rogan josh experiment, pretty ok. Not as good as just doing it all in Dutch oven. Kale from wellfed. Part of a peach.
    Took a nap after clinical today. have been going to bed between 10 and 11, getting 7.5-9hours, generally. Feel pretty good energy levels most of the day. Haven't exercised since Friday Zumba.. Too much school stuff so far.. I could have biked today, but I took a nap instead. I had been feeling a little like I might be getting sick, so I thought sleeping might help.
    Last edited by Seaglassgreen; 09-26-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

B: 2 fried eggs, sauerkraut, sriracha
    L: last of lemon chicken, some roasted carrots
    D: ribs, hot dogs (applegate farms, on super sale!), coleslaw, kale
    Kombucha! locally made!
    I signed up for Friday Zumba.. still feel like I might be getting sick, but hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Need to do studying this weekend!!

I have been missing! I have been mostly primal, except for way too many chocolate covered nuts. Also, have still been fighting getting sick, and in the spirit of drinking lots of fluids, I've had juice, iced tea, coconut water. So, I'm sure my carb counts have been up for a few days. Still having sore throat despite lots of sleeping, vitamin C, fluids. boo. 2 tests tomorrow. not too worried. going to bed soon to try to sleep as much as possible!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok. I did well on both my tests. I was pretty good the last couple days, excepting 1 sugar cookie that my sister made, my last iced tea on Monday, and yesterday I had brie and wine and banana-almond butter ice cream (less than 2 glasses, first alcohol in almost a month.. 28 days?). I wasn't feeling so hot this morning. I weigh 179 (still, again). This is somewhat discouraging for me. I was hoping that it was just up in relation to my period, but that's about over now. So I guess I'll just get back to it. See how the next couple weeks go. get rid of that stupid scale

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast