Thread: Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen page 6

difwiz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats on being below 180!
    Difwiz

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/difwiz

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    yay, friday!
    Today: small amount of damn fine chicken and broccoli for breakfast. lunch at chipotle (salad, chicken/steak, mild/medium salsa, guac.). dinner at carrabas (family's choice), marsala steak with broccoli/cauliflower, cesar salad. stomach ache now. We had dinner around 9:30-10.. isn't it too soon to be having a bad reaction? (and to what? veg oils? trace gluten from the croutons I picked out of the salad?)

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Today: went to trader joes, super happy there is a location near my parents now! I ate: brunch out, hamburger with onions, fried egg, and American cheese (!), cole slaw (I'm betting there was sugar involved), and a bite of orange. Stopped at roadside peach stand, had a bite of a peach, brought some home that should be ripe tomorrow. I also ate a few dark chocolate cacao nibs from trader joes, some nori chips (have canola oil). Went out for dinner, Cobb salad, blue cheese, ranch dip. At least I haven't had any alcohol since I cracked down on the paleo. Felt kind of deprived when everyone else was having beer while we were watching the game. I wonder how long being this strict is sustainable.

Boo, Sunday night. On our way back from my parents' house. Today slept in, walked about 3 miles on beach (found some neat seashells and sharks teeth). Came home and ate some sausage, half a peach, more seaweed snack. Then I had some guac dip (with some corn and black bean salsa mixed in), I dipped broccoli in it, but I probably only had a couple tablespoons. Then for dinner, sausage (we went to this really neat German deli that makes all kinds of sausage), roasted tomatoes, peppers and onions. Lastly, 2 squares of amazing 30% hazelnut chocolate from trader joes. Amazing! Feeling guilty for feeling guilty about chocolate (omg! 18 carbs!)

Monday. Day 14. scrambled eggs with smoked sausage. leftover brazillian curry. handful of trader joe's macadamia trail mix. a peach. a burrito bowl from chipotle with white rice AND sour cream. I did go to Zumba this afternoon, and I walked about a mile around campus. I plugged in most of my food data for the day and I'm around 70 carbs. I'm seriously tempted to have another piece of that hazelnut chocolate. maybe i can resist though!

I want to mention that I think in general my mood and energy levels have been better/more stable. And I really enjoyed Zumba yesterday!
    Today I did the fitness eval for the primal blueprint fitness strength training, and I scored a level 1 for all 4. Feels semi-lame. I think my problem is impatience. I want results, and I want them now, and I don't care that it's only been 2 weeks, I want to be skinny already need an attitude adjustment.
    Eating: eggs scrambled with onion and smoked sausage for breakfast and lunch, plus carrots and guac at lunch. Dinner: trader joes all natural cocktail pups (!) plus a peach and part of a steak. Weird eating day. Need to go to the grocery store. Maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm giving my first shot to a patient. I'm pretty excited. Maybe I'll be more scared tomorrow.
    Oh, and in case you were wondering, I resisted that chocolate yesterday and today. Yay me! (but I was 179.4 this morning, which made me unhappy. I should probably get rid of the scale.)

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your progress so far! It's been nice to read through some of your posts and see your progress

Today was pretty cool! I gave my first injections as a nursing student. Then, I took our dog to the dog park. Then, I went on a 12-mile bike ride, and I saw 2 turkeys, 2 deer, and a snake. also a squirrel tried to kill me. but I survived. Tomorrow I don't have class, so time to catch up on readings and studying and dishes and laundry. at least I can sleep in

I ate: 1.5 steaks over the course of the day, plus sauerkraut at breakfast, broccoli/guac at lunch. For dinner we had a salad with some pepperoni, bacon bits, and parmesan cheese, and then the leftover Brazilian chicken from PaleOMG, plus mashed cauliflower and roasted carrots. And a handful of trader joe's nuts-raspberry-chocolate trail mix after my bike ride this afternoon. I really want to eat the last peach, but I ate too much for dinner also, BF is in BIG TROUBLE because he ate the rest of that 30% hazelnut bar, and I was hoping to have a square after my bike ride It sounds like I ate a lot today.

still at 179. go down scale! trying to figure out whether I need to actually change some stuff around (food amounts, types, etc), or if I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and give it a couple weeks to see what happens. This is only like day 16 or something.
    Today I ate: sausage/fried eggs/sauerkraut for brunch. chicken drumstick (heroin spice blend recipe, including parmesan cheese), broccoli (I breathe... I'm Hungry's recipe with mayo and sriracha), salad with avocado and tomato. 1/2 peach, plus some raspberries, and 1/2 square dark chocolate with almonds.

Friday Friday Friday! Today I went to Zumba, which was lots of fun. Same instructor as Monday. also discovered possible infestation of black widow spiders outside of our apartment (?!).
    Eating: 1 steak, roasted carrots, mashed cauliflower, broccoli with guac. dinner: 2 chicken drumsticks, zoodles, salad with guac, tomato, bacon bits, Well Fed dressing.
    I weighed myself this afternoon, 178.2! yay! I wonder if it will be the same in the morning??

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast