Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen page 5

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    I'm not even going to talk about what happened since the last time I posted.

Today is Whole30 day 1. 3 scrambled eggs with Sriracha (if we're being totally honest, I'm not really concerned about trace amounts of sugar in condiments. I'm more concerned with overall food quality and carb counts). BBQ chicken breast and salad for lunch (spring mix, raisins, almonds, oil, balsamic). Hamburgers, roasted carrots, salad (spring mix, raisins, walnuts, oil, balsamic) for dinner.

I don't think I'm going to weigh myself until after the whole30. tho it might be an unpleasant surprise since I don't know exactly where I am now. Probably around 186, more or less.

Day 2. Egg salad breakfast, 2 plain hamburgers for lunch (they were on a salad, but I forgot dressing ), deviled eggs, bacon-greens, and hamburger with mayo on top for dinner.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Day 3. Tired and pissy. L/o slowcooker BBQ pork with carrots for brunch, then I ate a hot italian sausage around 2, then some coleslaw around 6:30, and now it's almost dinner time, which will be more pork, coleslaw, and roasted tomatoes. I hope the tired/pissiness are part of adjusting... I haven't completely cut out all trace amounts of sugar, but I don't think the tiny bits could be mood-affecting?

Day 4. Today I had school from 7:30-10:30, then came home and cannot remember what else I did between then and 1:30 except I cooked lunch and watched an episode of Four Weddings on TLC's website. Then I took our dog to the park for a while, and came home and clean clean cleaned. I'm trying to convince myself/work out a plan so that I can just do a little bit of cleaning every day instead of A LOT OF CLEANING once a week or so. also so our house doesn't look like Hoarders

Eating: hot italian sausage + coleslaw for breakfast, BAS with spring mix, red pepper, avocado, grilled chicken for lunch (with creamy italian dressing from Well Fed). Haven't cooked dinner yet, but it will be Brautwurst plus onions/peppers, roasted tomatoes, and probably some sauerkraut.

I think I forgot to mention that 2 nights ago I woke up with terrible stomach cramps. Not sure why. I had some kombucha yesterday. I feel pretty good today, but not GREAT. probably less tired/pissy than I was the last 2 days. so that's good.

Day 5. ish. I'm really focusing more on good primal than strictly whole30, but at the same time trying to keep close to whole30- anyway, what I mean is I'm not going to say I messed up and start my "whole30" over. so maybe I'm not doing a whole30 at all
    Today- I had 2 sips of BF's starbucks iced coffee (breve, toffee-caramel), but not very much at all. Then we went to Jamaican restaurant for lunch with my sister. I had curry chicken, a plantain, cabbage, and probably about 1/4 cup of white rice. I felt kind of ill afterwards, I'm guessing from vegetable oil, not sure.

Have been craving sugary things this afternoon- cupcakes, marshmallows, crunchy sugar. blah. watching college football now. next- organizing my planner and catching up on schoolwork

oh, and I weighed myself today, 182.2. better than I expected!

Finished out yesterday's eating with cantaloupe, hamburger with mayo, bacon, broccoli, tomatoes, avocado. so good!
    Today: scrambled eggs and sausage with sauerkraut and raspberries for brunch around 12:30, then I just ate some coleslaw-veg with leftover salad dressing (creamy italian from Well Fed). Dinner is going to be nom nom paleo's Damn Fine Chicken, roasted tomatoes (yeah, big on the roasted tomatoes lately!), and zucchini noodles, thanks to my awesome new spiral veggie slicer.

Weighed today- 181.8. I know weighing too often is bad, but I love to see progress!

Today: hot italian sausage and sauerkraut for breakfast, grilled chicken breast for lunch with spring mix, guac, olive oil, balsamic. 1/2 italian sausage before bike ride. 13 mile bike ride. dinner: l/o damn fine chicken, roasted carrots, coleslaw.
    Today: 180.2 this afternoon (had been weighing in mornings. we'll see)

Yesterday- Breakfast: I don't remember. egg salad? Lunch: coleslaw, grilled chicken Dinner: l/o damn fine chicken, roasted tomatoes, zoodles, broccoli

Today- Breakfast: l/o damn fine chicken, zoodles, tomatoes. Lunch: egg salad, guac, sauerkraut. Dinner: Brazillian curry chicken from PaleOMG, frozen veggie mix (Carrots, cauli, broccoli). cantaloupe!

Also, yesterday took dog to dog park and walked around for a little while, and today was going to Zumba but was late due to inability to find parking, so I did some stair-climbing instead, not for too long, but my legs definitely felt it!
    Last edited by Seaglassgreen; 09-12-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: exercise added

difwiz is offline Junior Member
    Hey Seaglassgreen,

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. I like to weigh often too. People have said that it is bad to weigh so often, but I have found that if I don't weigh every day, the scale does things that I wish it wouldn't (like show numbers that are higher than I hope they will be). I find it is a motivational tool. I can see if how I am feeling that day matches what the scale says the next morning and it is pretty quick feedback if I did something wrong. I don't like being "surprised" at once-a-week weigh-ins, so I keep track every day on one website (I use fitbit to track my steps, etc.), and then enter my Monday morning weight on my "official" website, loseit.com, where members of my family also post their weight and other stuff.

Hang in there. You've done this before and you can do it again. You made such great progress before, so you know what to do. Keep coming back here and journaling and paying attention and you will be back down soon. I have found that the more I journal (tracking is different, I think, from journaling...tracking to me means counting calories, journaling means writing what you did, what you ate, how you feel. It is SO MUCH MORE than just tracking), the better I do. Journaling is an outlet for successes and frustrations. I just joined this forum today and I am excited to start journaling again.
    Difwiz

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/difwiz

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today is day 10, I believe, of my primal-paleo crackdown
    Breakfast: damn fine chicken, sauerkraut
    Lunch: egg salad, guac, spring mix
    Dinner: 1/2 banana, cantaloupe, small bowl chili, coleslaw
    I'm a little bit hungry, I don't think I ate enough, but it's late and I want to go to sleep and I still need to study some for the skills test I have tomorrow morning.

I went to Zumba today! yay! It was pretty good, I hadn't been in 2 years, so I felt pretty uncoordinated. I'm sure I'll go again soon though

Oh, and I weighed myself this morning, 179.6. yay! I would love to never see 180 again!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast