Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen page 4

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ooooooooh I absolutely love chips. They are my weakness as well. Good on ya for resisting.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Thanks In the past I would have been like... well at least they are made of corn! But now, not so much

---
    We had a fantastic weekend.. We're in Florida, so up until about last week, it's still been REALLY hot. like in the 90s. But for the weekend, it was high in mid-70s, and low around 45 (!!) so we decided to go on a short backpacking adventure. We went to Suwannee River state park, and hiked about 6 miles to a primitive campsite at the confluence of the Suwannee and Withlacoochee rivers. I hiked in my 5fingers, so that was pretty nice, I felt very productive. Then we gathered firewood, and made a fire, which seemed very primal. We ate kind-of primal.. nuts, dried fruit, dried sausage, apple, cheese, pouch-of-chicken, and then (fail) a lipton's rice side. ack. which has pasta in it, not just rice ah well. Then 6 mile hike back to car, came home, and did grocery stock-up (hamburgers last night, ropa vieja tonight, mini-sliders I saw on Nom Nom Paleo tomorrow, leftovers wednesday, curry chicken thursday, steaks friday).

Goal: Feel good, be active!

I have been having a hard time cracking it back down on Primal. After that wedding and some cheating all last week, I am close to being good primal, but still probably too much dairy and coffee (which i add sugar to). I have had a really tough class schedule for the past couple weeks tho, and I have a test tonight, then then GRE on Saturday and TEAS next Tuesday. So I'm trying to cut myself some slack. On the other hand, I really want to lose weight, and I am possibly up a couple lbs over the past couple weeks.

Meh. Anyway. Today I ate 2 fried eggs and a sausage patty for breakfast. I just had a spoon of coconut butter, and i'm going to have some carnitas-omelet in a little while. Then maybe more carnitas for dinner. and braised cabbage (thanks nom nom paleo!).

Ok, so I'm doing good on Primal now. I ended out 2011 somewhere around 183, about 20 lbs down over the year as a whole. I started January with a whole 30... I will be done with my whole 30 on the 31st. It's been very easy to stick with. I've been adding more primal/paleo blogs to my RSS feed, and really enjoying trying new recipes. I have lost about 10 lbs so far since I started my whole 30, so that's pretty exciting about half a pound per day. The lowest weight I remember being... ever? since high school? Idk how much I weighed in high school. anyway, I was 159 in the beginning of 2008, calorie counting/south beach/ couch to 5k. I'm hoping to hit 159 by St. Patrick's day- that's losing about 1.8lb/week, so should be doable. At this point, I'm planning on having a couple days to eat some cheese, drink some wine, eat some chocolate, and then do another whole30.

I did whole30, yesterday was the last day. I did really well, except for a small quiche incident, a bite of cheesecake, and a half glass of wine. I wasn't like SUPER STRICT on like some salad dressings when eating out... but I think I did well. Today I had a small iced coffee (one pump), some brie, a glass of red wine, and a square of dark chocolate. ALL OF THE VICES IN ONE DAY. happy though. going to do another whole30, not sure when I want to start. Going out with co-workers on Friday evening, so I'm sure I will have a drink then.. but that doesn't mean I can't try to eat as cleanly as possible most of the time, it doesn't really need to be a "whole30". Anyway, I think I started January around 185 lbs, and yesterday I was about 175. At one point this month, I was 173.6, not sure why I was up yesterday. Maybe pre-period weight gain? I had BF hide the scale, I was using it way too much, and made me paranoid/pissy even as I rationalized that if I was up it could be water variance, etc. Pretty much all my weight loss occurred in the first 2-3 weeks of this month, so I'm trying not to be freaked out that I didn't lose any in the 1-2 weeks New weighing plan is to do it a day or two after my period is over, and just weigh self once a month. We'll see how that goes.

Again, really terrible at journaling. Now I'm at 185 or so again. 10 lbs up since February, my lowest wt this year. I was up to 183, then back down to like 177, and now back up to 185. I'm not sure WHY I have to keep doing this stupid thing when I gain and lose the same 5-10lbs over and over. WHY? I do super well for a month or so, and then I have a cheat day, which leads to weeks of eating crap. Beer, pizza, nachos, cake (it was my birthday 8/13, and we were on break from college, and I have been terrible.). Something in my mind feels so deprived about not being able to have all the sugar and beer I want. dumb.

Onward and upward (err, downward?)- I am really tired of yo-yo'ing. I joined the whole 30 for september forum, and I'm ready to go for it. I KNOW (because I have done it before) that once I get started, I won't even want to eat the junk.

Other important updates: I'm 25% done with nursing school (AH, hence why I want to drink so much :P). Also, my grandma passed away in May (hello 2 weeks of bingeing), and my other grandmother, is expected to pass away very soon. I will try to keep it together this time. eating and feeling terrible and gaining weight does not help, it just adds another problem.
    On the plus side, I got an awesome bicycle for my birthday. I rode it about 40 miles during break week, but I've only done 1 10-mile ride since I got back to school for Fall semester. I have a couple 15-20 mile trips planned now, so I'm excited about that. BF and I did a 6 mile hike on Saturday. I went home to be with my family on Sunday. My knee hurt, I hope it's not lasting damage from the 600 miles we did on the AT in 2010 (my knees felt TERRIBLE when we got off)... probably inflammation issues from 2 weeks of grain and sugar and terrible eating.
    That's it for now! Maybe I will update more often for the whole30 at least. Sometimes I keep a paper journal. sometimes i just hate journaling

yesterday eating went well. 3 fried eggs and sauerkraut for breakfast, meatballs and baby carrots with guacamole for lunch, broccoli with bacon and barbeque-crockpot-pork for dinner.
    granny passed last night. I'm going home this afternoon to be with my family. I will try hard to stay on top of my eating while I'm there, which is usually hard. i hardboiled eggs, and there are usually plenty of cold cuts.. i will pack coconut milk and just do my best.

eating at home is really hard! There is so much junk sitting around everywhere! cookies, candy, bread, leftover pizza, ice cream... So far today I've had meatballs and broccoli for breakfast, then roast beef and turkey slices with some cream cheese, and some green olives.

I rounded out the day's eating with rotisserie chicken, roasted carrots, and 1/2 glass wine. Not terrible. I didn't really need the 1/2 glass of wine. Ah well. All in all not too bad

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today: 2 eggs scrambled with onions and ham for breakfast. Pancakes made from a banana, 2 eggs, and about 1/2 T of maple syrup for lunch.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast