Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Seaglassgreen page 3

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    And 2 see's chocolates leftover from valentine's day

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    I have been taking food pics, I will try to figure out how to post them soon.
    Do it! And grats on the weight loss. Keep it up!

See, the thing is.. I don't actually like journaling. I don't know if it's something I need to work on til it's a habit or not.

Anyway, I decided to try whole30 until my cousin's wedding on May 21. I generally think 80/20 is a much better idea, but I am a bad cheater... I haven't been losing weight, really- I can only assume it's too much beer, chocolate, other alcohol, cheese, coffee with half and half and agave, blahblahblah. so no alcohol or dairy for almost a month, and maybe I'll be more aware of the creeping 20%. Besides the fact that every time I eat something not primal, I immediately think- that was totally not worth it. I am going to get a stomachache, and it's not like that crappy piece of candy or something tasted good enough to justify it. rawr.

Oh, and I forgot- I am just not hungry today.. I ate a sausage and 2 fried eggs for breakfast, then some leftover pork loin and watermelon this afternoon. Despite not being hungry, I do keep wanting to shove easter candy in my mouth. Have resisted thus far :P

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Day 3.. Don't know how I am feeling deprived by just cutting out dairy, alcohol, and chocolate. Apparently I was using these things more as a crutch than I realized? I guess I just need to get more creative.. Yesterday I had sausage and onion omelet, pork loin, pickles, grassfed steak, an apple and almond butter, frozen veggie mix with coconut oil, and pork rinds. Apparently I had to make up for not eating very much on day 1. ;p
    Today. B: omelet with chorizo, leftover frozen veggies, salsa. Yum, love salsa.
    L: salad with pork loin and balsamic vinegar, olive oil
    D: fajita steak and chicken, sautéed peppers and onions, salsa and guac. Canteloupe and watermelon.

Today is day 10 of whole 30-ish. been doing good, just had a square of dark chocolate and tablespoon of sour cream on Monday, and glass of sangria last Friday. I don't really mind not being 100%.. I'm just focused on being compliant most of the time. I weighed myself yesterday, at 185.4, so I'm really happy about that. It means I've lost almost 20 lbs since the end of February

So, I'm back! And it's September! (How did that happen??) I spent the summer moving, starting a new job, and gaining and losing the same 2 lbs over and over (again, the alcohol, dairy (?) and creeping up amount of cheating). and maybe because my idea of cooking a primal dinner was meat+sweet potato. So, now (as of 9/5) I totally recommitted. Except for a little butter, maybe 2 alcoholic beverages, and a couple square of dark chocolate, I have been super compliant.

This commitment is thanks in part to nomnompaleo, the blog I find to be super inspiring about eating meat and veggies, but being creative and trying veggies lots of new ways.

I'm not entirely sure how much I weighed on 9/5, but somewhere around 185 approximately.. and today I was 181! (I am obsessed with weighing myself, even though I know it's dumb to weigh every day). I am super excited about reaching the 170s. And I have another wedding to go to at the end of October, so that is extra motivation to be good!

Yesterday:
    B:2 fried eggs over leftover carnitas
    L: leftover greek frittata with olives, peppers, feta, onion, etc
    D: chicken curry, sauteed spinach
    ----
    Today:
    B: Fajita frittata (this is fun to say.)
    L: leftover chicken curry
    D: ? my parents are coming to visit. there is talk of outback = steak+veggies (:

Took a nostalgia trip (meh) down diet lane this afternoon. Looked at my old sparkpeople journal.. I went from like 196 to 159 in 7 months, ending in April '08. Then I had gained back into the 170s by that October. and then I stopped journaling, but I know what happened next- I felt miserable with my job and living situation at the time, and let myself eat all kinds of "comfort food", and gained right up to around 200 again. And then it's all a blur, I tend to fluctuate between 185-205, until last year, when I embarked on the Appalachian trail in May, and I weighed about 200lbs. Walking for 600 miles, about 10 miles a day, while carrying 25-30 lbs will definitely help the weight come off So I left the trail in August weighing about 165. andtheniatewhateverIwanteduntilFebruary. and I weighed 200lbs again. (I feel the way I can gain 40 lbs in 6 months is ridiculous) When I found Primal after looking at something about Good Calories Bad Calories.
    So now I finally feel like a size 8 isn't like my best possible end hope. I feel like I could finally actually be thin, and lean, and healthy.

And I think the reason I'm thinking about all that today is because I'm under 180 again now

B- leftover fajita fritatta
    L/D- italian sausage, peppers and onions.

Just checking in doing pretty well. Little blue cheese yesterday and today, glass of wine and a Starbucks iced coffee on Saturday. Have been exercising 11 miles of walking over Thursday-Sunday. Trying to do walking on every day but Monday/Wednesday (I have to leave the house at 7:20, and don't come back until 8:30pm) and then sit-ups/crunches/pullups on Tues/thurs.. Last thurs decided spontaneously to do sprints mid-walk, which I think went pretty well. And I put the scale way out of the bathroom, so I'm not weighing myself twice a day anymore. And I'm taking my vitamins every night. Yay oh! And I had a big achievement today- I was at Chilis (I had a Cobb salad) and I did not eat a single chip!! Yay me!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast