Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Step away from my bacon - the primal frolicks of climbergirl page 4

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Good morning from the East coast! Had a lovely falling-off-the-bandwagon-one-day-in experience yesterday in terms of controlling food intake (I had been doing so well throughout the day too). HOWEVER, as I refuse to be a debbie-downer (new thing called "positive thinking" - there may be something to that... hmmm lol) there were some positives to take away from my little 11 PM, 1200-cal pantry raid (if you can call a dorm mini fridge and amazon shipping box under my bed a pantry lol).

1. My dairy consumption stayed relatively in check (about a tbsp each of sour cream and melted cheese, and a few tbsp of Fage Total) - though the melted cheese did some nasty with my stomach's inner workings (boo) - I think that triggered it, trying to find something to help with the gassy, churning feeling (BLAME IT ON THE CHEESE!)

2. All my nuts are gone. BAM. Now I can't cave and snack on them SINCE THERE ARE NONE TO SNACK ON (though I will miss my mac nuts something frightful)

3. Overall productive exercise/HIIT day in the 40 minutes I used the rec center

Feeling the side effects this morning of my 1/4 cashews and 1/2 cup mac nuts (stomach gurgling, lovely) but the good news is that it now has a chance to recover. Now I just have to bolt the latch on my pork rinds and shredded coconut... lol.
    Ah well, today is a new day, effective eating habits will once again reign supreme (though I'm going a small fast today to give my system a chance to reboot) and all will be well in the world :P
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    Mmmm, macadamia nuts. Great, now I want some.
    Good luck on getting the dairy intake down. I finally did, but it was embarrassingly difficult.
    Enjoying reading your progress - keep up the good work!
    Thanks! Sorry for causing needless mac nut cravings :P

What do you mean by embarrassing difficult in keeping down dairy intake if you don't mind my asking?

Luckily, being on a dining hall plan limits my dairy sources to what I have in my fridge (since I only do yogurt and cheese) and the only thing I currently have is a 17.6 oz tub of Fage Total I'm slowly working through (only about MAYBE a 1/4 - 1/3 of the way into that baby)
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    Had a lovely falling-off-the-bandwagon-one-day-in experience yesterday in terms of controlling food intake (I had been doing so well throughout the day too).
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm not falling off the wagon... I'm gunna jump out, head-first! Tonight is pizza night at a buddy's place. Then we're finishing off the second half of Seven Samurai. (Can't believe that guy hasn't seen it before. Pfft.)

So enjoy the cheats, but don't let 'em stop ya! They're bumps in the road, not demo'd bridges.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm not falling off the wagon... I'm gunna jump out, head-first! Tonight is pizza night at a buddy's place. Then we're finishing off the second half of Seven Samurai. (Can't believe that guy hasn't seen it before. Pfft.)

So enjoy the cheats, but don't let 'em stop ya! They're bumps in the road, not demo'd bridges.
    Haha thanks, I'm not gonna let them bother me. If everyone were perfect life would be boring. Have fun jumping out head-first! Didn't exactly have a pizza night, but i DID eat the cheese and toppings off 6 slices on saturday... lol

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

hell yeah! also... pizzzzzzaaaaaahhhhh. *drools* lol i don't miss pizza so much anymore... but damn that is good shit (when made right, of course!). LOL

climbergirl--you're doin' great and i'm proud of you for your "positive thinking" mode

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    hell yeah! also... pizzzzzzaaaaaahhhhh. *drools* lol i don't miss pizza so much anymore... but damn that is good shit (when made right, of course!). LOL

climbergirl--you're doin' great and i'm proud of you for your "positive thinking" mode
    Thanks CG (hey, we have the same initials! great minds think alike!) - I get a lot of my inspiration from you. I love reading your posts; they're always so reflective and help me to see the good of any situation. We're all human and we make mistakes, but you have a way of putting them in perspective. So we mess up, tomorrow's a new day and we move on. Thanks for that :] It helps me when I forget.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    Thanks CG (hey, we have the same initials! great minds think alike!) - I get a lot of my inspiration from you. I love reading your posts; they're always so reflective and help me to see the good of any situation. We're all human and we make mistakes, but you have a way of putting them in perspective. So we mess up, tomorrow's a new day and we move on. Thanks for that :] It helps me when I forget.
    aww... well i'm so humbled to know that you feel this way! and i'm happy to be a perspective-putter for you lol there is nothing SO detrimental that we can't dust ourselves off and JUST KEEP moving forward... it's like rock climbing... say you're climbing the side of a mountain and your foot slips--what are you going to do? just say "fuck it!" and let go--plummet down? i don't think so! you're going to get a grip and KEEP CLIMBING! it's a wonderful feeling... that sense of overcoming obstacles and trusting yourself to get through anything that might be a bump along the way!

and yes--great minds definitely think alike CG

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I need to find a climbing/rock wall here in Miami... the last time I went climbing was probably sixth grade, disregarding some minor exploits at climbing walls during festivals and whatnot. It was fun...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I need to find a climbing/rock wall here in Miami... the last time I went climbing was probably sixth grade, disregarding some minor exploits at climbing walls during festivals and whatnot. It was fun...
    BAM.
    Indoor Rock Climbing Gym - South Florida's Premier Indoor Climbing Facility - X-Treme Rock Climbing Gym - Miami, Florida

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the link... It's an overlong trek for a guy in Miami without a vehicle, but it definitely will remain in my bookmarks in case I have the ability to go. The place I would go back home in Ohio was a place called Urban Krag, a renovated church actually...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast