Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Step away from my bacon - the primal frolicks of climbergirl page 3

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hid my remaining mac nuts... they're not safe being easily accessible lol. And ditto on the almonds - you just can't eat one either!

Today was one of those lazy, rainy, miserable cold days where you question whether or not it actually IS spring. And I decided to ride my bike in it. BADDD IDEA. Resulted in a wet arse and skunk stripe. Very fashionable. Breakfast was a three egg omelet in COCONUT OIL (I got some interesting looks at the dining hall when I showed up with that lol) with peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, tomato and bacon with some hot sauce, a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, and a slice of pork roll (heavenly chorus of yummmms). Hungry a few hours later and snacked on a HB egg, one of those mini babybel cheeses, and about a tbsp of pesto sauce mixed with some fage yogurt. Exercise has just been going around campus on the bike, though I stepped into the rec center for the first time in ages and did a little rowing and some sprints just to mess around. Going climbing later tonight (!!!!).
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    yep--my bag of mac nuts are in a box low to the ground... i actually haven't had the urge to eat them lately--but the trouble only comes when i START eating them... it's insane! LOL i measure it out and eat the "appropriate" amount but then it's like i have to stay away from it like crack until the urge to eat more of them dissipates lol

have fun tonight!

Yep, it's not that hard to resist them, it's when I decide to eat a handful... it turns into multiple handfuls lol.
    And thanks! The wall was fun; did some harder routes that I was able to nail, though my arms are sore. Did a few pull-ups as well. Ow. Shoulders and back were complaining on that one haha.

On a separate note, I did one of those online body fat calculators out of curiosity (though this one was using a tape measure, not calipers):
    Body Fat Calculator 6 formulas to calculate body fat percentage
    Body fat: 11.46%
    Lbs of body fat: 11.12
    Lean body mass: 85.88

Interesting... I got a free one with calipers about a month and a half ago and I came in at 12.3% BF. Not like either of these are perfect but still. I wonder if I'm actually dropping fat. Prob not a good thing considering mine is a bit low to begin with.
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

It's April!!! Well it has been for the past three days, I'm just a little late. Which means... MY BIRTHDAY IS IN A FEW DAYSSS!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

Okays, now that that's out of the way (lol), I'm making a resolution. I've been feeling like crap for the past few days in terms of mood and food. Therefore, I'm going to cut back on my dairy (luckily the only stuff dairy-related I have is a tub of Fage, which takes me FOREVER to get through anyways) and see how I feel. I've also been suffering from mindless eating. Ugh, stomach is not happy from that. I need to have better self control instead of just giving in. I'm better than that - c'mon. It's a new day, a new week. Let's do this.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    It's April!!! Well it has been for the past three days, I'm just a little late. Which means... MY BIRTHDAY IS IN A FEW DAYSSS!!!! WOOOO!!!!!
    I'll wish you a happy birthday now since I"m liable to forget!

Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    I'm making a resolution. I've been feeling like crap for the past few days in terms of mood and food. Therefore, I'm going to cut back on my dairy (luckily the only stuff dairy-related I have is a tub of Fage, which takes me FOREVER to get through anyways) and see how I feel. I've also been suffering from mindless eating. Ugh, stomach is not happy from that. I need to have better self control instead of just giving in. I'm better than that - c'mon. It's a new day, a new week. Let's do this.
    Get 'er done, climbergirl!

One thing that helps is having good foods on hand for when those hunger pangs/cravings hit. It's also best to drink some water first and see if that doesn't do it for ya. The stomach is a devious thing, after all. G'luck to ya, eh!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

If only everyday were like today... it finally felt like SPRING!!!! Sun was shining, birds were singing, temps were in the mid 70s... ah! Ce la vie (please pardon my horrible attempt at french lol)

Anyways, I did wonderful on my first day of less dairy, etc. Now I just have to stick with it. There's the challenge for me, however I WILL pull through!
    Got up early-ish this morning and went running, which is something I haven't done in a while. Not the most primal of exercises, but I find that a nice jog in the morning helps clear my head and achieves some inner peace. I like inner peace. Therefore I run. I did sprint the finish though, so there's a little redemption. Went to class, ate/finished breakfast around 11 - salad topped with olive oil, two hardboiled eggs dipped in butter and three pieces of canadian bacon (close enough). More classes, then ate dinner around 5ish. Compared to breakfast it was heaven! Flat iron steak, broccoli and asparagus (all topped in butter), some guacamole and a hardboiled egg, and salad with tuna and olive oil. I guess my dairy "cheats" were about a tablespoon of sour cream with the guac, and a little heavy cream after dinner. But hey, I never said NO dairy, just less - and believe me, this was less (esp compared to the quarter block of vermont sharp cheddar yesterday or the six slices worth of pizza cheese on saturday... all in a days work lol). And the stomach feels great! Went climbing as well, did beastly. Got a comment right before leaving (after doing some pull-ups on the hangboard) about how my "back muscles are intense" - that made my day :] It's good to feel strong

Lets see if tomorrow (well I guess now it's today) goes just as well. Wait, never mind the see if. It will :P

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'll wish you a happy birthday now since I"m liable to forget!

Get 'er done, climbergirl!

One thing that helps is having good foods on hand for when those hunger pangs/cravings hit. It's also best to drink some water first and see if that doesn't do it for ya. The stomach is a devious thing, after all. G'luck to ya, eh!
    Thanks! And you're right about the stomach being devious... I made sure to drink water first if I felt hungry today and most times it was just thirst... that darned stomach really likes to play with your mind lol

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Journal?

Oh, hi.

Indeed.

Welcome, stalker.

Katniss is offline Junior Member
    Mmmm, macadamia nuts. Great, now I want some.
    Good luck on getting the dairy intake down. I finally did, but it was embarrassingly difficult.
    Enjoying reading your progress - keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast