Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Step away from my bacon - the primal frolicks of climbergirl page 12

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbergirl View Post
    No, I definitely do the same thing - my level of productivity is much higher at night and I am a seasoned procrastinator. What is the correlation between this and cortisol?
    Oooo boy, you've got some special things to learn about cortisol and perhaps adrenal fatigue. When you're chronically overstressed, the hormone that helps you deal with stress and balance blood sugar - cortisol - can end up being disregulated. You'll be low on it during the day and then all of a sudden have a lot of it at night. So, procrastination may have started the problem, but then it snowballs into your body's hormones working the opposite of what you want it to.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    How are you doing Climber? Hanging in there this time?? Just peeking in to say hi before I leave for work

wiltondeportes Guest
    153 isn't such a bad place to be. I don't know if this helps, but thickness can be more attractive on shorter girls. Well...hope things are going well. Get fit! and throw the scale out.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 05-02-2012 at 10:46 PM.

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I've been MIA recently because... (insert dramatic music) FINALS ARE HERE! It's that time of year where I wish I wasn't the equivalent of an engineering major and could experience what some people call "free time" lol. Even though my first final was yesterday (and I still have 4 more...), the past few weeks has been a whirlwind of reviews and classes wrapping up; basically a headfirst plunge into the rush towards the end of the semester. ...And as such, my eating has suffered - stress does a number on my food consumption... I'm all over the place. What I'm trying to do is not beat myself up over it but at the same time not let myself fall back into that pattern of not eating real food. Just gotta keep pressing that imaginary "reset" button :P
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Hah - I feel you. I'm - THANK GOD - past grad school now and don't see myself going back to school. But when it came to getting a project done or a whole week of insanity done, I was in survival mode and just ate whatever kept me going like a crackhead, even if I'd need another fix of something equally bad in another hour. Make sure you let yourself heal from all of it with some healthy eating, playing outside and plenteee of sleep. Time to reset!
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

And FINALLY DONE!!! Well, at least in the official sense of the term - I still have two summer classes and work, along with the rest of life. But for all intensive purposes I'm done with junior year.

I was in survival mode and just ate whatever kept me going like a crackhead, even if I'd need another fix of something equally bad in another hour.
    This described me a lot during finals, and therefore I gained probably another 5-6 lbs putting me around 157/158ish... *cringe*. Oh well, now that the majority of my time is free, it's time to detox food-wise, de-stress, and get on a normal sleep schedule. YAYYY!!!!
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Yeah! Just be glad it's over and you can start being healthy again.
    My Primal Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Yeah! Just be glad it's over and you can start being healthy again.
    Oh I am. I just need to change my mentality away from "school mode"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Everyone's allowed some transition time - basically am coming off my own moving-to-Seattle-from-LA transition this weekend.
    My Primal Journey

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112