Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Step away from my bacon - the primal frolicks of climbergirl page 10

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you!!!! I have no idea how I never knew there was a rock gym so close to my house! I've been going all the way to Doylestown anytime I've wanted to go climbing!!! I saw a link to your blog and was clicking through and saw you mention Rockville.

Take care and Keep it primal!

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    So, after a VERYYYYY long hiatus, I am back!

The past few months have been a bit rough (few translating into 7... eeek). The abridged version goes something as so:

A fateful bowl of mac and cheese at 4 AM in the middle of September (and Day 21 of my Whole30) basically train-wrecked my eating. It wasn't like a one-night slip-off-the-wagon kind of thing, it resulted in a total dietary crash and burn - I become a carb and sugar-eating tornado, consuming every non-primal thing in my path (given my meteorology background the reference seemed appropriate lol). And for some reason, I didn't have to willpower to stop. It just kept going and going.

Needless to say, about 4 months of that with minimal moving around (I couldn't climb due to scheduling conflicts - due to one of my worst schedule plans EVER) and I put on weight. A lot of it. Like 60 lbs. It was like a cycle - eat crap, gain weight, feel like crap, eat more crap to attempt to feel better. And it went on and on. I felt embarrassed, ashamed, and just all around bad about myself.

So basically I'm back at square numero uno. I'm still the same person, there's just lots of room for improvement - health-wise, strength-wise, etc. I have insecurity issues that I need to get over (no one gains close to 65% of their previous body weight without some late-night emotional meltdowns) and learn to see myself for who I am now and not who I was.

I turned 21 over the weekend and I promised myself that I would stop hiding from you lovely people, because there's no way in hell I can do this alone - I've tried multiple times and haven't gotten anywhere. I'm kind of on the other side of where I was before - the recipient of advice and encouragement - as I try and get my ass back to where I'm happy and can look in a mirror without hiding behind someone or bursting into tears.

Anyways, it feels good to be back, and happy grokking!
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear about how things have been going for you! I'm sure with some hard work you'll have it all figured out in no time! Keep us posted with your progress and if you ever need any encouragement or suggestions we'll all be around to help out how we can

Thanks for the encouragement! Right now it's all about being ok with taking baby steps and not getting frustrated with myself. It's taken me a while to understand that I can't wish any of this away (as much as I would like to lol) and just accept it for what it is. Sulking and acting miserable isn't going to get me anywhere lol
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Well, continuing on this theme of starting over, I might as well go all out on it and post stats.

So, lovlies, this is where we stand as of this morning:

CW: 153.5 lbs (*cringe*)
    GW: Whenever I'm happy with how I look in a mirror (I like the whole "looking good naked" road that a lot of people are going)

Breakfast/Brunch: 3 pieces of bacon, one large egg cooked in butter, avocado, ~1.5 cups of broccoli and asparagus cooked in bacon grease with a small handful of cheese on top

And forward we go!

Had a "What's up, Doc?" moment earlier standing in the kitchen munching on a carrot stick to calm my stomach, finished off by a spoonful of coconut oil.

I'm fully awaiting the carb flu that's going to hit at some point within the next few days - please be merciful!!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hello climbergirl and welcome back I will be reading your entire journal after work tonight!! Thanks for stopping by and reading mine.. and wow can I so relate to having the emotional meltdowns after weight gains.. Let us know what we can do to support your journey!!

CJ

Thanks! The beginning of the journal no longer really applies, this is more of a continuation from my post above (major weight gain) and getting back to where I was. It's really interesting how going from super fit to overweight changes your perspective on a lot of things.

I'm glad for the offers of support

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! We'll figure this out. I don't know how healthy it ever was to weigh under 100 pounds, but we'll cheer you on to a fit 115-130. So much of getting healthier has to do with the way we think too. Like you said, one bowl of mac and cheese didn't physically derail you, but it mentally derailed you because your standards and expectations of yourself were so rigid and unforgiving. I'm still figuring out how to lose more weight because it seems there is a plug on my fat drain. But one thing I have learned is that self-hate is really unproductive in the long run. Focus on the way you think about all this stuff as much as you focus on diet and exercise.
    Last edited by Lex26; 04-11-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Welcome back! We'll figure this out. I don't know how healthy it ever was to weigh under 100 pounds, but we'll cheer you on to a fit 115-130. So much of getting healthier has to do with the way we think too. Like you said, one bowl of mac and cheese didn't physically derail you, but it mentally derailed you because your standards and expectations of yourself were so rigid and unforgiving. I'm still figuring out how to lose more weight because it seems there is a plug on my fat drain. But one thing I have learned is that self-hate is really unproductive in the long run. Focus on the way you think about all this stuff as much as you focus on diet and exercise.
    Agreed - self-hate is completely useless; if anything it just made things worse. It's all about finding a happy balance with food and fitness and whatnot, though right now setting foot in a gym of any sort just makes me cringe. I'll stick with my campus wanderings for right now until I think I'm ready to do strength stuff.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast