Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal MMA Fighter Journal page

cole Guest

Primal MMA Fighter Journal

Primal Fuel

Hey Grok Heads,

This is my first post here...I figured I should take the opportunity to introduce myself and start a journal of my daily's.

24 year old male. 5'11" tall. Current Weight: 183

I've always considered myself to be very physically fit; I served in the Army, to which I owe my active lifestyle. I discovered MMA and have been hooked for the last 3 years.

Despite my training, I always battle with my weight; I keep extra pounds. A buddy hooked my wife and I to the Apple and have been totally Primal for over a month! I went from 194 to my current 183.

My GOAL weight is a lean 170.

I'll be updating further...

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Welcome.

I dropped 10 pounds in like a month as well.. went from 195 ~16% to 185 ~12%.

It really works well with an active lifestyle... gets you to the next level.

What is your workout/training schedule like?

5'11 170 is really lean... what is your current bf %?

cole Guest

Currently my bf % is 20.71. So I have a few layers to shed.

My training schedule is as follows:

I train Monday-Thursday. My training varies daily, but generally includes 10-30 minutes of moderate to vigorous sparring. Other days I focus on strength which generally is a CrossFit workout involving kettle bells or my own body weight.

My energy levels have been amazing! I used to be a REDBULL drinker to get my energy; I'm so in tune with my body that I know exactly what I need (apple) for energy boosts.

My current carb intake is under 100 grams a day..however it does spike to 150 some days. I'm still losing weight so I must be utilizing the extra carbs.

20.71 is pretty high... which means muscle wise... you could stand to add a few pounds.

How long have you been strength training?

SocraticMethod is offline Junior Member

Hey Cole,

Do you want to get down to 170 as your normal weight, or do you want to fight at 170?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Cole. I don't want to wish you luck because this sort of thing takes determination and patience, not luck. I look forward to reading about your success.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

cole Guest

SM,

I'd like to get to 170 naturally. I have been on/off w/the strength training over the years..but only recently has it taken center stage (month? maybe). My BF is high, and I'm working that out week by week. I read that article about maintaining muscle and losing fat and enjoyed it very much.

For now, I'm eating mostly meat and veggies, and have an apple maybe once a day with nuts as a primary snack.

Thanks for the welcomes. I WILL get this BF down.

"For now, I'm eating mostly meat and veggies, and have an apple maybe once a day with nuts as a primary snack. "

Sounds good... keep it up.

Once you get the bf down and hold for about a month, then you can start adding some lean mass...

the MMA training with the diet... the fat should quickly melt right off....

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Hey Cole,

If you have a moment I'd like to chat with you about your MMA training. If you click on my name to the left you'll go to my blog and we could converse via email. I've been doing some MMA style training and have been considering taking the next step into actual competition. Thanks!

cole Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks for the good comments!

Yesterday:

m1: 4 strips bacon

3 eggs

m2: 2 handfuls of mixed nuts

green salad with vinegar w/pine nuts

m3: 2 drumsticks

m4: Primal Shepards Pie (SO GOOD)

(hamburg, onions, carrots, green beens, peas and cauliflower)

Message sent about MMA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast