Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Challenge: Move 500,000 pounds and Walk/Jog 2 Marathons in April page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

New Challenge: Move 500,000 pounds and Walk/Jog 2 Marathons in April

I'm just trying something new since I've been lazy lately. The title pretty much covers it.

That's 166,666 pounds for the bench, squat, and deadlift, or 500,000 pounds total. That breaks down to:

5,555 pounds/day -

41 reps @ 135 pounds
    24 reps @ 225 pounds
    17 reps @ 315 pounds
    13 reps @ 405 pounds

I may mix in some assistance work here and there - band assisted pull-ups, shoulders, etc., but I'm not committing to it.

And then walking/jogging the equivalent of 2 marathons or 1.75 mi./day.

The diet's going to be simple...

A dozen whole omega-3 eggs/day throughout the day, a 1 lb. of meat, chicken, pork, or seafood and a starchy side dish for dinner (yams, sweet potatoes, or potatoes w/ heavy cream and butter). I'll also add in some green vege's mixed, coconut and olive oils, and maybe some fruit in STRICT moderation. This should come out to ~2500-3000 cals/day (200g pro, 150g fat, 100g carbs).

Supplementation: creatine monohydrate, ZMA, Vit. D, digestive enzymes

I'll report back here periodically once I've started.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

One moment I think..there's no way, that's too much, the next I'm like...that's kinda easy, I should make it 600,000 or 750,000. The wild card is that I work a fucked schedule, sometimes 60 hours in a week.

I still have a week to tweak this.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

believer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    I'm just trying something new since I've been lazy lately. The title pretty much covers it.

That's 166,666 pounds for the bench, squat, and deadlift, or 500,000 pounds total. That breaks down to:

5,555 pounds/day -

41 reps @ 135 pounds
    24 reps @ 225 pounds
    17 reps @ 315 pounds
    13 reps @ 405 pounds

I may mix in some assistance work here and there - band assisted pull-ups, shoulders, etc., but I'm not committing to it.

And then walking/jogging the equivalent of 2 marathons or 1.75 mi./day.

The diet's going to be simple...

A dozen whole omega-3 eggs/day throughout the day, a 1 lb. of meat, chicken, pork, or seafood and a starchy side dish for dinner (yams, sweet potatoes, or potatoes w/ heavy cream and butter). I'll also add in some green vege's mixed, coconut and olive oils, and maybe some fruit in STRICT moderation. This should come out to ~2500-3000 cals/day (200g pro, 150g fat, 100g carbs).

Supplementation: creatine monohydrate, ZMA, Vit. D, digestive enzymes

I'll report back here periodically once I've started.
    I think I just may do this weight workout tomorrow. But it would differ a bit from what you had in mind. I'll do 41 rows @ 135, 24 flat bench press @ 225, 17 squats @ 315 and 13 deads @ 405. I like challenges and this will absolutely wipe me out but my mind says I can do it and the poundages are doable....I just never thought of programming like this before. I may run 1 mile after. Come to think of it, I WILL run 1 mile after. Thanks, and good luck to you.

People seem to be misunderstanding my challenge.

What I mean is...

My goal's to average 5,555 pounds moved/day on each of the 3 major lifts. So, for example...if i were to bench press 135 pounds for 41 reps (135 x 41) that'd equal roughly 5,555 pounds. If I did exactly that I'd be finished with that lift for the day. Or, if I'm feeling saucy, I could grind out 315 pounds for 17 reps (315 x 17 = 5355 pounds). This may take one set or this may take 10 sets, regardless, my goal's to reach ~5,555 pounds each day. Some days it may be more or less depending on how I feel, but my overall goal's to move 166,666 pounds (totally approx. 1/2 million pounds) on each of those 3 lifts in the month of April.

I wish you luck too!

Natsfan44 is offline Member
    Very interesting approach. I'm curious to see how it works out. Keep us posted and good luck.

believer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    People seem to be misunderstanding my challenge.

What I mean is...

My goal's to average 5,555 pounds moved/day on each of the 3 major lifts. So, for example...if i were to bench press 135 pounds for 41 reps (135 x 41) that'd equal roughly 5,555 pounds. If I did exactly that I'd be finished with that lift for the day. Or, if I'm feeling saucy, I could grind out 315 pounds for 17 reps (315 x 17 = 5355 pounds). This may take one set or this may take 10 sets, regardless, my goal's to reach ~5,555 pounds each day. Some days it may be more or less depending on how I feel, but my overall goal's to move 166,666 pounds (totally approx. 1/2 million pounds) on each of those 3 lifts in the month of April.

I wish you luck too!
    You're right, I did misunderstand. However, I like both ideas! Like I said, I've never looked at programming like this before. I thought I would have doen this yesterday (or today) but my gf and I took a quick trip up to her cottage for a little R&R. On schedule for tomorrow....

Walked 1.86 mi. outside, barefoot (not bad except for the pads of my feet, behind the toes, which were rubbed a little raw) and hit 19,195 pounds in the weight room today. The walk took a little longer than I thought it would, I averaged under 3 mph but that's probably because some of that was through a sand/dirt/stone field and the rest was barefoot on the pavement. It's only in the mid-70's here today but that sun made it feel a lot warmer than that.

Also, as far as the weights go...I used this mostly as a form reintroduction day. Tried getting a decent arch on my bench and focused on getting my elbows in the right position. I also did box squats today, really trying to focus on the glutes/hams vs. quads.

Finished in about an hour overall. It's going to be a long 30 days.

Day 2: 1.91 mi. walked outside in 39 minutes w/loose sandals. Moved 16,550 pounds too, all barefoot in the gym today. Had a nice epiphany while squatting barefoot, which I've never done before. It feels SO much better than in shoes that drive you up and forward onto your toes. It also really allowed me to drive my knees out better than ever and I swear my speed was significantly better too.

I think I'm taking tomorrow off from the 3 major movements and working some accessory shit - band assisted pull-ups, sandbag loading (onto a high platform on my squat rack), and some bi's.

Feeling good.

Day 3: took the day off. Worked 11 hours and was called in for 'forced overtime' the next morning at 4AM. Today's actually day 4 but I haven't worked out yet, will be posting that later on today.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK...

Day 4: Had to play catch-up seeing as how I missed yesterday so I did a double dose today, moving nearly 33,000 pounds in about 45 minutes. I haven't walked yet. I'm thinking about skipping it today (my lower back is PUMPED) and going for a long hike tomorrow while the weather's still tolerable. We'll see...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast