Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone counting Calories to get real lean? page

milkycereal is offline Senior Member

Anyone counting Calories to get real lean?

Shop Now
    Im talking 10% bf and trying to go lower. Im trying to establish a deficit of 300-500 cals a day. But im getting different numbers from everywhere. One more trusted forumla puts my maintanence at 2300, so i'd have a deficit of 300 with 1900. Im gonna drop to 1700 on more sedentery days. Thats pretty comfortable for me.

But now i look at leansaloon.com and johnny eats aroumd 1400 cals as estimated by a commenter on the site... What the fudge? Im 5"3 115lbs 19y/o male, im much smaller than johnny, but i start gettig cranky and hungry at 1500 cals...

And i can eat ALOT. I mean alot. I'm a machine. So i cant really go by my gut, when i do that it gets bigger.

So im just curious, can some of you in the same boat as me post their age/sex/height/weight/activity levels and their calorie intakes? Also bf% if you know it...

I feel like losing alot of weight is simple while leaning out and dropping into the single digits is like tryig to blowup the deathstar. Its so easy to over/undershoot.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I'm not going to work that hard to do something unhealthy. Sorry.

Gordo

Its not that hard...if im eating 1900 and i should be eating 1700 to loose a bit more, ill eat one less sweet potato or something. Contrary to what many of you think, alot of you are in a calorie deficit just by eating primal. You naturally eat less when eating whole foods...

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    ^ That's the point, we are naturally calorie deficit.
    I can't remember the exact scenario, but I recall Mark, or Taubes (maybe Rob?) saying that if we were even off by like, 100 calories a day, for a year it would add up to 10+/- lbs, which, especially at the point you are at - is exactly the amount you are looking to lose. Essentially, it is truly impossible to "count" calories accurately.
    Calories are utilized in different ways, and are never just a single calorie. If calories mattered at all, I would have been skin and bones years ago, technically I was creating a 1000+ calorie defecit every single day, and always bounced between the same 5 pounds.

But yeah, eat one less sweet potato if you're not hungry... that essentially is a lower carb count.

I stopped obsessing about food when I realized my body had reached it's happy weight, it's "homeostasis" and no amount of deprivation was ever going to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    Its not that hard...
    If it's not that hard, then why do you need advice? I find it easy as well and spend a fair amount of effort keeping my body fat up around 10%. Why someone wants to be cold all the time is beyond me ... Gaunt never did it for me, either.

Gordo

kurite is offline Senior Member
    Its not hard but your at 115...I don't think you should lose anymore weight. If you want start lifting get some muscle then cut then it would be fine but at this point your already almost underweight.

Yea im lifting too, i am trying to add muscle without the bulkyness i alway get. I was just trying to gigure out what the average intake was for people trying to lean out. Everyones different, it would take no effort on my part to go past 10% bf...

Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    I feel like losing alot of weight is simple while leaning out and dropping into the single digits is like tryig to blowup the deathstar.
    I guess I don't get this comment, then.

Gordo

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Really hard to compare, given that everyone's metabolism/hormone profile will be different (even if the same gender!)

FWIW, I am female, 48, and IFing per LeanSaloon's guidelines. I eat approx 1500 calories/day in 2 meals-- 5'6", 123 lbs--I'm guessing 22% bodyfat--wanting to get down to something like 18%--but I don't find bodyfat measurements very accurate, so I will go by the mirror. I do the PBF workout 2x, sprint 1x, and walk 1.5 hours daily.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Ladies don't get too lean..... generally around 20% or under women start to get health issues!!!
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast