Thread: Okra Succotash page

Honeybear is offline Member

Okra Succotash

Primal Fuel
    1 cup okra, 4 green onions, 1 bell pepper, dash of cayenne and salt, and a cup of frozen sweet corn(which isn't paleo, I know...but it sure makes this dish colorful and good.) Sautee all in coconut oil until tender. Anyone have any ideas what I could use in place of the corn? My neighbor gave me four big bags of okra from her garden and this is the tastiest thing I could think to do with it, seeing as I'm not that wild about okra.

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    I LOOOOOVE okra! If you just cut the tops off and lay them in a baking dish with strips of bacon on top and bake for 20 minutes OMG it's delish. It's actually a complete meal too because of the bacon.

DJinNC is offline Member
    Both sound yummy. I have a giant bag of okra in the freezer - will have to try. I might skip the corn and just do the rest with some ground beef - maybe an orange pepper for some color. Or put the bacon in the first recipe.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Yellow, orange, red bell peppers are delightfully sweet and oh-so-pretty--and primal.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Honeybear is offline Member
    Thanks for the great ideas!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    OMG! You could roll in egg and coconut flour and fry. Fried okra is amazing. I had it when I was TX years ago and became seriously addicted.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I though succotash was just some made up word that Daffy Duck used: suffering succotash !