Thread: oil or water page

chipdaddyjackass is offline Junior Member

Question oil or water

New to this lifestyle, and was wondering which id better oil or water for tuna or sardine packing and why? Any help ok.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I buy tuna packed in water because I've read that the oil they use is either cottonseed oil or soybean oil. I think it usually just says vegetable oil. Sardines, I get either in olive oil or mustard.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Get the tuna packed in water. You can then add healthy fats to it of your choosing.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Balance is offline Senior Member
    The tuna and sardines I see at Whole Foods are normally packaged in either olive oil or water. I still select the cans in pure water and add my own oils into the mix after if needed.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    For tuna, I buy it in spring water. However, the sardines say olive oil so I do that, but now on second thought maybe I should just add my own olive oil so I know for sure, but it does taste and look olive oil. I prefer the Crown Prince brand for sardines. Yum!!

chipdaddyjackass is offline Junior Member
    Thank all of you!!!!!

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The tuna I buy at WF has no oil or water in it at all. When I do buy another brand, I buy it in water and add my own fats. I do buy Crown Prince sardines in olive oil. They're fine.