Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "So you're done now right?" page

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member

"So you're done now right?"

Shop Now
    My coworker asked before a meeting.
    I said "done with what?"
    She said "losing weight and working out so hard"
    Me "No, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I'm not ACTIVELY trying to lose weight, it just keeps happening. I've eaten around 2000-2200 calories a day and I'm still losing. And I don't actually work out that hard, everyother day or so for 40-60 minutes isn't hard, it's enjoyable"
    Her "oh"

I think she's just mad because she used to be the skinniest one in our office

I LOVE this lifestyle, I don't stress over calories or workouts anymore and I'm losing better than I was when I was heavier!
    Last edited by Reborn Grokker; 03-24-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

CKATTO71 is offline Senior Member
    I also have a coworker that keeps asking me if I'm done too. It's so funny that she thinks its just terrible that I don't eat breads, potatoes, and junk anymore. When will I be done with this? Never!

It was funny because I could feel her watching me for a while, I guess she was trying to decided if she should say something

I guess they just expect us to fail or "be done" and start going back to normal. They don't realize how easy and enjoyable it is.
    Heidi

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Hell yes, Reborn! Keep up the awesomeness.

PS: Jealousy's a bitch, huh?

Griff is offline Senior Member
    There's this skinny woman at graduate school who is convinced that veganism is the right way to go. She keeps saying to me "You can't keep this up forever. Eventually you'll have to eat real food again."

I do eat real food. If anyone's eating fake food, it's the vegans. I point this out, she gets angry, and I laugh.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    There's this skinny woman at graduate school who is convinced that veganism is the right way to go. She keeps saying to me "You can't keep this up forever. Eventually you'll have to eat real food again."

I do eat real food. If anyone's eating fake food, it's the vegans. I point this out, she gets angry, and I laugh.
    hah!! that's awesome.
    wtf does she think real food IS?? tofu?
    rofl.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    "Real food"? Yeah, what does she think qualifies as "real"?

What I find funny is that we eat more actual vegetables than basically every vegan/vegetarian we know.

As for "are you done yet"... that's the whole diet-as-temporary-deprivation-and-suffering attitude that causes dieting to fail.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post

OMG that is too funny.....real food!!
    Heidi

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Yes, a lifestyle. My friend had a couple drinks before we had dinner (which I ordered a bacon cheddar cheeseburger - no bun) and she dove into a "funny" monologue with the waitress about my HATRED of breads "Don't get it near the plate! Don't you dare put french fries on her plate!" Ha ha. Shut up. When she ordered her club sandwich without the bacon, I chimed in, "I'll take her bacon!"
    Meat with a side of meat. Pleaseandthankyou.
    She was feeling all bloaty afterwards while playing pool - my reaction, "Here, feel my abs."

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    My response to her comments to the waitress, "How about you support me instead of giving me shiit since I finally found a WOE that makes me feel good."
    No more "funny" comments.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast