Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Autoimmune disease? This is my experiment... page 3

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, i can see why you would be furious at your doctor. OMG, i can't believe she said that paleo would put her out of business!!!! Of course, with her attitude, she deserves to be out of business. I had a rheumatologist for several years who only tested my blood and prescribed more and more meds. Never any talk about diet.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

PoeticPixe is offline Member
    Good for you! Yay paleoforlupus!! I love stories like this. From personal experience, and from what I'm reading on these boards, going primal does really help autoimmune diseases. It is SO refreshing and inspiring! Keep posting on your progress (pretty please).
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

belinda is offline Senior Member
    It's great to hear of your progress

I'm hoping to get my dad on this WOE and off of diabetes meds.

I've been doing this for about 5 weeks and although I didn't have any medical issues, I've never felt better.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Apparently my blood pressure is pretty low (nurse took it 3 times to be sure), 90/65. It's normally about 120/80, when I asked about that she says that a low carb diet tends to reduce general inflammation in the body and blood pressure usually drops a bit and that it's fine. Even that little nugget would have helped me out and possibly put me on a path to low carb.
    This is unbelieveable. She knows that a low carb diet reduces inflammation? Then WHY DOESN'T SHE PUT ALL OF HER PATIENTS ON A LOW CARB DIET? I want to sue all of medicine for malpractice.

moonsky is offline Junior Member
    This is so inspiring; thank you for sharing your story with us!

I'll be reading your blog & asking my mother to read it too. She has a form of myositis, which is another autoimmune disorder.

Thanks again, and hope you continue to heal!

paleoforlupus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    @paleoforlupus: please ditch the scale and the incessant measuring. It will only add stress when the numbers aren't to your liking. If you focus on wellness, the pounds will come off. I think it's very important for those of us with health issues to give our bodies time to heal and to be kind to ourselves. I totally relate to what you are saying about your kids loving the new you. I've been much more active with my daughter, jumping on the trampoline, etc. I do feel that this lifestyle is giving me so much, and I'm so grateful.
    @Shat: You are totally right about the scales. No longer weighing myself but I am going to keep a record of my measurements. I want to monitor my physical progress along with my illness/wellness, state of mind and overall well-being. Healing myself is my main priority, everything else is gravy. Thanks for the check. I need that every once in a while

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I trained myself away from the scale for the most part but I do occasionally measure. Just try not to do it so much and focus on how you are feeling physically and even how you feel in your skin. This has really helped me not be so number obsessed. My "muffin top" has shrunk considerably and my legs don't rub together as much so I know I'm getting there because I do feel so much more comfortable. I think women, particularly, let stupid numbers ruin our happiness (weight, clothing size, age). It's how we feel and to a lesser extent how we feel about how we look that matters. Self acceptance is important also.

Quote Originally Posted by paleoforlupus View Post
    @Shat: You are totally right about the scales. No longer weighing myself but I am going to keep a record of my measurements. I want to monitor my physical progress along with my illness/wellness, state of mind and overall well-being. Healing myself is my main priority, everything else is gravy. Thanks for the check. I need that every once in a while
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    paleoforlupus: I'm furious, too, just reading about your rheumatologist! Un-freaking-believable!

I have also found that CW oils spark my lupus (though not as much as nightshades). Makes me shy away from eating out so much. The inflammatory oils are sooo bad for us. Had a real bad run-in with, of all things, mustard. I'm still learning.

(P.S. Yay, no scale.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I just re-read your whole post about your doctor. What a disgusting disgrace. You really need to write her a letter and say everything to her that you just told us.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    I think women, particularly, let stupid numbers ruin our happiness (weight, clothing size, age).
    and they say that boys are the ones who are good at math!
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast