Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larabar.. Paleo/Primal, or too many Carbs? page

Tiggadyrue is offline Member

Larabar.. Paleo/Primal, or too many Carbs?

Shop Now
    So looking for some thoughts on this product... Im sure it should be eaten in moderation of course, but maybe something to help satisfy? LÄRABAR | Simple. Pure. Delightful.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    they are very high in sugar and carbs, most of us use them as pre or post workout carbs, or if you are an endurance athlete, use them instead of gu's and gels. Otherwise, pass them up if weight loss or fat loss is a goal for you.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    I have been eating them a lot lately. I have been Primal for 4 months, and this is the 1st month I have added them. I have to admit that they are addicting, but I am not particularly low carb either, and have reached my weight loss goal. I eat a lot of fruit. My opinion is that they have all whole food ingredients, and no preservatives.....it's about as close as you can get to a whole food....in a processed product. Love the apple pie and banana bread ones!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I eat them as emergency food. If I'm out and about and need to eat but can't get to something more suitable. I often don't eat lunch on those days so I'll eat one and a handful of nuts to keep me going til dinner. I'll also sometimes make my own Lara type bars (more like balls) with dates and blanched almonds but I'll throw in some butter as well, sometimes dried coconut flakes.

apple is offline Senior Member
    I used to keep them in case of low blood sugar (diabetic) but I found that I couldn't eat just half of one, which was more than needed to bring up my blood sugar. So now I just have a little tub of medjool dates for that purpose. Much easier to eat one date, which is also more than enough to cover my low blood sugar. Not as fun as a candy bar, but still as tasty. I don't think anyone needs them, but they aren't the worst thing we could eat
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    They're easy travel food for me, and were even before I went primal because they're gluten-free and not full of weird, unpronounceable stuff. They are fairly carby, but that makes them useful for things like long mountain hikes. I like the coconut varieties (either the plain coconut or the chocolate one).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Total sugar rush.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
    Total sugar rush.
    ^this. I had two bites of one and it was way too sweet.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Springbean is offline Member
    I make my own version of a "larabar" with figs, almonds, coconut oil and unsweetened coconut. Pulse in a food processor, press into a dish, chill, slice into bars and wrap individually. As a bonus my kids love them too!

Kaeden is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I love the cherry pie ones.

There is a post on the blog about mybar and other recommended bar recipies.
    If your food is fast, maybe you should fast.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast