Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where does bodyfat percentage usually fall on Primal? page

kurite is offline Senior Member

Where does bodyfat percentage usually fall on Primal?

Shop Now
    I realize this can vary a lot but for males when one is strict primal and reaches what bf % the body is comfortable with what is the general %? In other words if I was strict primal with no exercise what bf% about would I end up at?

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Well, it depends on what *your* body is comfortable with. A lot of it depends on how your hormones do/don't work. Guys like Stevo and Bane are less than 10% and they seem to do ok with it.

simodalcais is offline Senior Member
    I think just by eating Primal you jump one category on this chart
    Body Fat Chart
    I used the calculator and got 8% and I by no means am an athlete , I work out , but not excessively and so would have put myself in the fitness category ..

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    I started off at 38% body fat. 2 years later, I'm at 10%.

My body doesn't feel comfortable dropping below that. I have dropped to 8% before and it involved not stuffing my face every time I eat and I ain't willing to do that for the rest of my life.

So 10% it is.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Simodalcais - very cool body fat calculator. Thanks for the pointing.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Probably around ~ 10% bf if your male and ~ 22% if you're female. Humans aren't meant to be fat. Being fat doesn't come lack of exercise only eating the wrong foods. Lack of exercise whilst eating primal will mean you won't gain any muscle.

Millie Ivy is offline Member
    That calculator put me at 31% which seems really unlikely for me. I'm not super lean my any stretch of the imagination, but when I was even "fatter" and had my bf tested with calipers by a trainer it was less than that.

I'm not an athlete either, but I work out weight training, yoga and walking regularly and am at a healthy weight. hm. Might need to get my bf tested again.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    I am hopeful that I can get to 10% BF. I started somewhere in the 30-35% range, I believe. That is the other thing about BF...unless you physically go through an underwater test or electrical impedance test at your Dr.s....its pretty hard to get an accurate, exact number. The scales that are out today dont really do a great job of measuring it (I have one and I have lost 25lbs since going Primal but my BF% is registering nearly the same % as it did at the start- that's impossible) and your other choices....calipers or tape measure...are notoriously inaccurate to within 5% or more.

So, the best you can do is guess at your official percentage (its just a # after all), but go by how you look in the mirror. If you can see veins and muscle definition where you used to have smoothness...you are getting there!

I would hope to get down to 10%BF. If I do its going to be a HUGE accomplishment for me because, as an Endomorph,I have always carried a high amount of BF. Gaining muscle and size was extremely easy for me( I gained over 100lbs from when I started working out seriously). Shedding the flab and keeping said muscle is my challenge. So far it is working....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenbackside View Post
    I started off at 38% body fat. 2 years later, I'm at 10%.
    Tell me about going from about 15% down to 10%. Was it smooth sailing? Did you have to change anything you were doing?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Tell me about going from about 15% down to 10%. Was it smooth sailing? Did you have to change anything you were doing?
    I did it by cutting out cookies, candy, chips, and sugary beverages. Har. Then I went primal and dropped down into the 5% range before I realized what was happening. It's been a real PITA to put a little fat back on my poor frame eating primally. Yes, I routinely eat fat+carbs. So I guess the bottom line is YMMV. Along with your genes. The only real hard-and-fast rule is that no one is ever happy with where they are. LOL

Gordo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast