Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any primal teens out there? page 3

Savage_ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I have three boys 15 18 and 20, all of whom would benefit from a paleo/primal diet, but are still very much in "dad is stupid and his diet sucks" mode. I wish there was someway I could push them towards changing their diet other than being a good role model. Mom isn't fully on board either. Any suggestions from the teens here?
    Im 19, to be honest its got to be their own decision, trying to encourage your teens to eat something will only push them further from it. Like it has been said before, it wont take long before they start to see your results and want a piece of the action!

My mother dispite being sceptical at first, is now very supportive of my choices after I have started cooking primal dishes and helping her loose weight without even trying!

re:

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I have three boys 15 18 and 20, all of whom would benefit from a paleo/primal diet, but are still very much in "dad is stupid and his diet sucks" mode. I wish there was someway I could push them towards changing their diet other than being a good role model. Mom isn't fully on board either. Any suggestions from the teens here?
    do any of them suffer from acne or any other skin condition? i know that is one reason that many teens go primal. if so, explain to them how it can help, and dare them to try

hollytruitt is offline Junior Member
    My son would love to connect with you guys. He is 17 and is primal. I will try to set him up with password and user name soon so he can come on here and chat. I know he does have a question....He is looking at protien powder for post workout. I am not liking what is in those protien powder stuff at Wally world. (walmart)

Most of the family is on board. I am totally onboard. Hubby/his dad is about 70% on board. My other son is only about 60% on board and my daugther is screaming 10% but we are still working on her. Just need to get grandma to understand she can't eat this way.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    18 years, and strong primal in college! Check out the forum groups - I know there's one for college primals, and I think one for teens too!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    ad astra per aspera

<archer> is offline Junior Member
    16 over here! I've been kind of doing primal for about 5 months. Since I live under my parents roof, supper isn't always very strict. I've tried to take over some supper cooking (I make my own breakfast--and share with anyone who wants it--and pack my lunch for school) but with school and sports (I compete in Triathlons and as of the 2011 season was ranked 33rd in the nation by USA Triathlon for girls 0-15) I don't have a ton of extra time. But my parents understand what I'm trying to do. I first went Paleo to try to improve my performance in races. They were all for the expiriment, escpecially because it was recommended by a well trusted Uncle that was a chemist and is now retired and uses all his spare time up cycling. So, I'm probably about 75% right now; I'm having a hard time kicking the after school snack habit. I think we've all been there. We're tiered, don't want to do anything, just want to grab some chips and vegitate; pun most definitely intended. But I certaintly pay for it later My parents are so addicted to grains, I'm not sure they'll ever give up pasta! And certaintly not Dad, as he is very Italian. I'm so glad I found this tread!
    Yep, so that's me. Primal teen.
    A lot of people at school think I'm absolutely crazy. Of course, they thought that even before the new diet, becuase of all the training I do. After Primal I do have a lot more energy. And I constantly realize how much people snack throughout the day! It's ridiculous! And then, I remember that that used to be me. Beholden to CW eating six small meals a day and being hungry ALL THE TIME. The other day, a girl (aquaintence, not really friend) told me that she wanted to start eating healthier, and wondered about what I do. I emailed her a bunch of links to Mr. Sisson's blog and a couple other articles. I hope she listens to my advice, and not stuff other girls will undoubtably give her.
    Well, that turned out longer than I expected. But what else do I have to do at a school where they some how decided all the students needed iPads as a study tool Study tool? Yeah right, more like free game machine and time waster!

Quote Originally Posted by hollytruitt View Post
    My son would love to connect with you guys. He is 17 and is primal. I will try to set him up with password and user name soon so he can come on here and chat. I know he does have a question....He is looking at protien powder for post workout. I am not liking what is in those protien powder stuff at Wally world. (walmart)
    Here's what Mr. Sisson has to say about protien powder:
    Whey, Casein, Egg White, Pea, Rice and Hemp Protein Powder Analysis | Mark's Daily Apple
    Whey Protein: Isolate, Conentrate, Hydrolysate | Mark's Daily Apple

Here's the Primal Teens group: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group9.html

doghug is offline Member
    13 here.
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

pukem is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi, i am 16. if possible, I am happy to be friends with everyone

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast