Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any primal teens out there? page 2

Swilliam127 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm 15 also... I've been on and off of the Primal lifestyle a few times. I have a question: One of the hardest parts for me about not having grains is school eating. What do you guys do? (I read Mark's post, but just wanted to get info from some people who are actually in this type of situation)

PCwizCube is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swilliam127 View Post
    I'm 15 also... I've been on and off of the Primal lifestyle a few times. I have a question: One of the hardest parts for me about not having grains is school eating. What do you guys do? (I read Mark's post, but just wanted to get info from some people who are actually in this type of situation)
    I'm a teen too! In high school, I recently started (two days) trying to bring a Big Ass Salad (BAS) to lunch and it was actually cool! I put it in a big glass bowl container and wrapped it in a towel to cushion it. I also put my dressing that I made in a glass container that came from a chinese sauce thingy. It was kind of inconvenient with having to bring a big glass bowl in my backpack and having to be careful about it, but it worked out Also it was funny when I was eating the BAS and people just said "Whoa that's a BIG salad" and "wow that looks delicious!"

So yeah if you can fit it in your bag you could try bringing a BAS to school. I liked it and I think I'm going to keep on doing it

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    You have no idea how fortunate you are to discover primal eating and movement at such a young age! As for the school lunches, if you can't really bring a lunchdue to storage, reheating or whatever, try bringing some jerky or pemmican. Makesure its from a good source like wellness meats. If that's too pricy, just do an IF during lunch and maybehave jerky or pemmican once or twice a week. That will still be cheaper than eating school swill.

britt007 is offline Member
    No longer a teen...but I turn 22 tomorrow...close enough? haha. It's equally hard to find like minded people in college!! All of the events with free soda and pizza...ugh, and the cafeteria has been troublesome at times. Luckily, I don't need to use it that often and they have acquired decent options lately.

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    I have three boys 15 18 and 20, all of whom would benefit from a paleo/primal diet, but are still very much in "dad is stupid and his diet sucks" mode. I wish there was someway I could push them towards changing their diet other than being a good role model. Mom isn't fully on board either. Any suggestions from the teens here?

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I have three boys 15 18 and 20, all of whom would benefit from a paleo/primal diet, but are still very much in "dad is stupid and his diet sucks" mode. I wish there was someway I could push them towards changing their diet other than being a good role model. Mom isn't fully on board either. Any suggestions from the teens here?
    Just offer the best food possible when they're around, and once you start looking/feeling better (not sure how long you've been Primal) they might realize there is something to it. There's a really good thread about it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post366493

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ani View Post
    Just offer the best food possible when they're around, and once you start looking/feeling better (not sure how long you've been Primal) they might realize there is something to it. There's a really good thread about it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post366493
    Thanks anika

kmc
    kmc is offline Member
    21 here, started just before my birthday about 6 months ago. I have yet to meet someone my age who shares my dietary outlook, but 25+ lbs of fat lost and feeling better than I have in years makes me an unwavering convert. It's not easy, but since I started cooking for myself it has become manageable. Turning down the late night pizza + subs is always a toughie though, especially after a few beers...
    My Journal
    Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
    http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
    Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Cj98 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc View Post
    21 here, started just before my birthday about 6 months ago. I have yet to meet someone my age who shares my dietary outlook, but 25+ lbs of fat lost and feeling better than I have in years makes me an unwavering convert. It's not easy, but since I started cooking for myself it has become manageable. Turning down the late night pizza + subs is always a toughie though, especially after a few beers...
    I understand that.

I turn 21 tomorrow and started living primal since April after I got tired of Chronic Cardio and lifting weights everyday and feeling awful. I do feel like most of the community is older but we can help them and they can help us. Sometimes I slip up but its about realizing what is best for us and keeping on track.

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Thanks anika
    Yeah np. feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast