Thread: 2 Questions page

Laura B is offline Member

2 Questions

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone ever dipped dark chocolate into coconut oil and how did it taste? I have high blood pressure and was wondering if this lifestyle will help in lowering it? OK three questions, is it true that there is evidence that sugar and not salt is a leading cause of HBP? Thanks in advance!!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum Laura!
    I've never dipped chocolate into coconut oil. I think it would taste alright. I have made "chocolates" by mixing melted coconut oil and cocoa powder and then freezing. It's a passable substitute when you can't find good 100% chocolate.

I think PB can help in lowering blood pressure. From what I've heard, only some people are "salt sensitive" in regards to BP. I think Gary Taubes has probably spoken about salt not being a primary cause of high BP.

Quick Google result: http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/users/rice/Stat2/salt.html
    Last edited by yodiewan; 03-23-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Laura B is offline Member
    Thank you I will check that link out!

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
    Has anyone ever dipped dark chocolate into coconut oil and how did it taste? I have high blood pressure and was wondering if this lifestyle will help in lowering it? OK three questions, is it true that there is evidence that sugar and not salt is a leading cause of HBP? Thanks in advance!!
    It lowered mine. I just posted about it in another thread. My fiance went to the doctors and was diagnosed with primary cause hypertension. She had to get a monitor for it. I tested mine and it was really high, even though I ate a low fat diet with some splurging.

Four months in and my blood pressure is within normal range. I can 'feel' it too -- like I can't hear my heart in my head when I try and sleep.

Regarding sugar and salt, I have no idea. When you eat primally, you won't be eating mounds of salt anyway. Meaning you can add a reasonable amount of salt to flavor stuff.
    Last edited by cavemanj; 03-23-2011 at 12:45 PM.