Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GMO Foods page

pattyd is offline Senior Member

GMO Foods

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi. Not sure how many of you are into the GMO debate but I thought I`d pass this link on. Anyone know if internet petitions are even considered valid?
    Change.org Petitions – Online Petitions for Social Change
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    What is GMO?

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    GMO"s are also called Frankenfood. The only sure way to eat GMO free is certified organic. Even produce is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    GMO"s are also called Frankenfood. The only sure way to eat GMO free is certified organic. Even produce is affected.
    Do you think the recent change in legislation will affect the organic practices?

mwok86 is offline Senior Member
    I think genetically modifying food modifies Nature's built-in "survival of the fittest" mechanism. This ensures that the genetically modified variety will destroy all other "natures" varieties and will establish a monoculture. If you look at history, this happened a couple of times and caused large famines. Ultimately, this puts all farmers (and consumers too) at a disadvantage because the crop is now owned by corps like Monsanto. This means they now have a form of monopoly and they will do anything to maximize profits. For an example, Monsanto put a gene that causes crop seeds to kill itself after a harvest and also price fixing.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    YouTube - Ear Of Genetically Modified Corn Begs For Death

Just thought I'd add that. And I suppose my opinion is that the notion is scary. Testing is not anywhere near comprehensive enough.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by mwok86 View Post
    I think genetically modifying food modifies Nature's built-in "survival of the fittest" mechanism. This ensures that the genetically modified variety will destroy all other "natures" varieties and will establish a monoculture. If you look at history, this happened a couple of times and caused large famines. Ultimately, this puts all farmers (and consumers too) at a disadvantage because the crop is now owned by corps like Monsanto. This means they now have a form of monopoly and they will do anything to maximize profits. For an example, Monsanto put a gene that causes crop seeds to kill itself after a harvest and also price fixing.
    That enabled them to put a patent on the seeds....Round Up Ready seeds. I`m curious as to what the new legislation will bring because if a steer eats GMO alfalfa he is no longer organic .....

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    YouTube - Ear Of Genetically Modified Corn Begs For Death

Just thought I'd add that. And I suppose my opinion is that the notion is scary. Testing is not anywhere near comprehensive enough.
    LOL at your link stabby. Regarding the testing; we ARE the tests subjects. I just hope when they start with the genetically modified salmon the law will require labeling.

mwok86 is offline Senior Member
    The organic produce you buy in the supermarket already contains non-organic residues like pesticides. Organic produce is stored in the same containers or within the vicinity of pesticide loaded produce which gives a chance of cross contamination. This is proved from the statistics at whatsonmyfood.org where they found pesticide residues on organic produce. This is why you should be buying from certified farmers market and CSA.

Due to cross-contamination, you can bet that "organic" pasture areas will have GMO alfalfa growing in it and the steers will eat it and still be labeled organic. This is because testing whether the pasture area is GMO is expensive and organic products would already be on the market that are actually non-organic, it will be a mess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast