Thread: Eat on the go primal? Help please page

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member

Eat on the go primal? Help please

Shop Now
    My DH is semi-on board with primal/paleo, he won't be totally strict though. Right now he is working as a security guard, and works 12-hour shifts without a set "lunch break", so he has to eat in his car. He does not have a place to heat up food. In the past I have done things like sandwiches and burritos, but those are so not primal.

What are some primal options to pack in a lunch that can be eaten on the go? He is looking to gain, not lose weight, he is wiry and thin. Help please!

theholla is offline Senior Member
    I typically pack big ass salads for cold lunches. Include plenty of meat and a nice oily dressing, and add nuts or cheese if you still need to increase the calories. In terms of cooked food, some leftovers are better cold than others. BBQ chicken is delicious cold, and you can round out the meal with some cut up veggies with dip. Also, keep in mind that anything you can eat on a sandwich or in a wrap can be put in a container and eaten with a fork (or your hands, if you prefer).
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    See, part of the problem is that he can't eat things with a fork in the car, half the time he ends up eating while he drives.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Hard boiled eggs, pieces of bacon, jerky, macadamia nuts, almonds, smoothies
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Sliced meat wrapped in roman lettuce?