Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Steps (Coyote's Journal) page 2

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night was teh suck. I got up, had a smoothie, had eggs and steak around 2-ish, and then had about half a hamburger with no bun for dinner.

Then I had ice cream. *sigh* I need to stop eating it. But I feel guilty that I bought it, and so I feel like I have to get rid of it. I'm pretty sure that is what led to no weight loss for today. I know I shouldn't get on the scale every morning, but that's a HUGE step from watching it four or five times a day. Maybe next week I'll try every other day...

Yesterday I had 94 grams of carbs. I've been having a goal of 50, with a MAX of 100. But I think, coming from concentrated sugar like ice cream, it leads to binges, cravings, and weight gain, even in small doses. I really think I'm addicted to sugar. I'm going to have to really cut down on it, and really think hard about getting rid of all processed sugar.

In other news, grocery shopping went well yesterday. We spent way more than we should have (god this lifestyle is expensive) but I got some great steak, ribs, and the makings for meatzza. I also got a young coconut. So I'll have some coconut, and coconut water. YUM! I'm debating on whether I want to have the coconut in a smoothie today, or not. My gut instinct is to IF today, to make up for yesterday, but I'm afraid that the voice of ED talking, not the rational primal mind I'm trying to develop.

*sigh* this is still so hard.

Well, good news and bad news. I am now out of ice cream. But it's because I ate it. :/ I went hiking today, and it kicked my butt. Two miles of steep trails and steps. I did it, but it was tough. I got back, and my sister and her fiancée started eating all the food J and I had bought to eat for the week. It was very frustrating, because on the one hand, I like to feed people, but we've been struggling to afford groceries every week, and our grocery bill has gone up since I've started eating primal, and so there was stress. Also, I think eating sugar the past few nights has triggered emotional behavior. I'm really cranky and depressed tonight. I'm looking forward to just having nobody around tomorrow. I SO need some solitude! I hate the weekend, it throws my entire schedule off.

SUPER great day today. SO proud of myself! moved slowly, LHT (you know, myself...), ate under 20 grams of carbs, and just did great all around! very happy with today's efforts.

Bleh the past few days have seen a few too many ice cream instances. BUT! I've got it out of my system, and I am focused on my short term goal, which is a full pushup by my birthday (April 23rd). I am going to follow the 100 push up routine, (on my knees to start, and then trying to move towards on my toes). I think I'm also going to do the 200 squat challenge. I can do 20 right now, so I think I can progress to 200.

I think the long term goal is 100 pushups and 200 squats by the end of the year.

I think I can do it. I'm going to give it my best.

WinkBlu is offline Member
    How is your journey going? I enjoyed reading your posts and your progress
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12